15 Fall Fashion Trends You Need To Know About Now

15 Fall Fashion Trends To Get Lost In Like Your Favorite Oversized Sweater

Oversized sweaters feel like your best friend hugging you when your sad, why wouldn't you want to wear one all the time?

154
http://thereallilycooper.com/

You spring and summer lovers can take your booty shorts and uncomfortable dresses because I am all about the fall fashion trends. Give me an oversized sweater, some fuzzy socks, and boots, and I am golden. You can't sway me any other way. This is the time of year that you are allowed to wear yoga pants to work so, you have to utilize the chance while you can.

Here are some of the best trends that you have to hop on before the springtime flowers pop up.

1. Flannels

thereallilycooper.com

Flannels are a fall must-have. Whether you get yours at Target, Goodwill, J.Crew, doesn't matter - just get one. If it's oversized that is also a huge plus. You can't go through the fall season without putting one of these babies on and getting into the mood. They're soft, perfect for the chilly weather, and can easily be paired with black jeans and some cute booties.

2. Camel Coats

Thereallilycooper.com

Camel coats are an investment, but totally worth it. They are a classic staple for your closet and easily tie together a fall outfit while keeping you warm. Walk the streets in style with this sophisticated, yet chic look.

3. Oxford Shoes

https://unsplash.com/photos/hyhQuJBvS78

Ever since I saw Taylor Swift wear these one fall day, I have been obsessed. While vintage, this style of shoes is coming back and better than ever. Pair it with some black skinny jeans and a sweater and you'll look ready for fall. Add some red lipstick if you're feeling fancy.

4. Chunky Scarves

thereallilycooper.com

These scarves just kind of came from nowhere and hit all of us in the face. I am pretty sure every girl got hers from the dollar section of Target in the 2017 era, but hey, we can't help but like the style. You can't go wrong with this scarf as the main focus and it will look good with any neutral, solid sweater. Get yourself a coffee cup and you'll look like every girl on Pinterest.

5. Tall Boots

https://www.instagram.com/vincecamuto/

Another classic that has forever looked amazing in the fall is tall boots. Whether they are brown or black, doesn't matter— just make sure they are in your closet. You can pair these well with high socks that peak over the boots edge and make the look that much cozier.

6. Vests

Thereallilycooper.com

We may not wear them often, but when fall hits, oh boy do we pull them out. You may have a solid color, a patterned, or even a monogrammed one. They are adorable for when you are going somewhere cold but also still want to look fashionable and outdoors-y. You can't go wrong with a vest.

7. Small Booties

https://unsplash.com/photos/5gUpTA4x3XI

Booties were made to make people happy. I am sure of it. Who couldn't like these adorable things? I love to pair them with rolled up blue jeans and a flannel.

8. Leggings

https://unsplash.com/photos/DHtgUKYleGY

Now leggings aren't just reserved for fall, but it's common to find girls wearing leggings every day during the months that end with -ber. Take advantage of this and go to work comfortable, and stylish.

9. The Oversized Long Sleeve

https://www.shirtspace.com

Whenever I am in a hurry and need a cute outfit stat, I always grab the first long-sleeve I have in my drawer. No matter what it looks like or is, it will always be in style because it's cute, comfy, and fits the laid-back look. I wear them to work, to school, and when I am just relaxing in my room.

10. Stiff Suede Hat

http://kyleeannphotography.com

While a stiff suede hat is always in style, you can really glam them up in the fall season. Wear it with a flannel, sweater, etc. It will always add and compliment the outfit. You will never regret buying a suede hat. I promise.

11. Beanie

https://pixabay.com/en/back-back-view-beanie-bonnet-boy-1867009/

Beanies have been in style forever and they aren't ever going to go out of style. The kinds of beanies you can get are infantile and come in a variety of colors and patterns. I love a classic gray with a pom-pom personally, but really any kind will match your fall aesthetic.

12. High Socks

https://unsplash.com/photos/H1rvxkzq8A0

As mentioned in #5, high socks look amazing with high boots. This is also the same for booties if styled right. Nevertheless, please get yourself a pair. They don't cost a whole lot, and will give your closet a little 'umph.'

13. Wrap

thereallilycooper.com

Do you exactly need a wrap sweater? No. Do I want one so badly so I can look super cute? Yes. Yes, I do. While they do offer some warmth, they are fun to style and can make a photo shoot fun.

14. Trench Coat

thereallilycooper.com

Trench coats make me feel like a girl boss, walking down the streets of New York with a purpose. Even though I am nowhere near NYC, the trench coat paired with some booties and a striped shirt can make me feel pretty darn close to the city. So go to a forest of colorful leaves, bring your trench coat, and take some bomb pictures.

15. Oversized Sweater

https://unsplash.com/photos/oLWNluoEM4A

Finally! what we all love about fall: the sweaters. The minute the first leaf falls off a tree I immediately pull out every sweater I have in existence. I love each and every one for a different reason and I could never part with any of them. Oversized sweaters feel like your best friend hugging you when you're sad, why wouldn't you want to wear one all the time?