5 Ways To Have Fun This Fall Around Oxford, Ohio

Being away at college isn't an excuse to not be festive this fall!

332
Natalie Citro

Sometimes it can be hard to find things to do in small towns such as Oxford, especially when you are in a college town and you're not quite sure of all of the great things it has to offer because you didn't grow up there. Not to fear, I've compiled a list of some of the amazing things that Oxford has to offer this fall season.

Visit Butterfield Farms 

Located super close to campus, Butterfield Farms is the place to be during the fall. Not only do they carry a large variety of produce and great apple cider, they also have a wonderful selection of pumpkins come fall time. A trip to Butterfield Farms also will prove a fun time if you are able to go on one of their hay rides that allows you to feed their cows. It's an all-around great fall experience!

Visit a corn maze

Corn mazes are one of my favorite fall activities, and there are quite a few options close to Oxford that offer the seasonal activity. So get a group of friends together and head to one of the nearby farms. Bonus tip: Find a place that lets you do the maze at night with flashlights. It makes the maze much harder but also quite a bit more fun.

Visit the Apple Butter Festival 

Held this year on October 5 and 6 at the Hueston Woods State Park Pioneer Farm, the Apple Butter Festival is a fun fall festivity. The Apple Butter Festival is an opportunity to not only try some super yummy apple butter but to also sample plenty of other fall foods. During the festival, you have the opportunity to tour the historic Doty homestead, witness demonstrations of pioneer crafts and pick out your pumpkin for Halloween.

Watch fall-themed movies

This activity doesn't require you to go to any specific location and can even be done in your dorm room. Movie nights are the perfect solution for nights when the weather is less than cooperative. However, if you are looking for something a little different, one of the drive-in theaters close to campus has some great scary movie showings coming up for the fall season.

Visit a haunted house 

Even though it is rumored that Miami University is home to a few ghosts itself, sometimes you just need something like a haunted house to get you in the Halloween spirit. No matter where you are located, there will always be haunted houses somewhere nearby when Halloween rolls around. There are quite a few places near Oxford that offer this attraction if you don't mind a little bit of a drive.

With all of the wonderful things to do this fall season, there is no excuse for being bored when Halloween arrives.