15 Fall Festivities To Get Floridians Feeling Spooky

Because hurricane season just isn't spooky enough.

326

Fall weather in Florida may be non-existent, but that doesn't mean Floridians can't get in the fall spirit!

Nothing compares to the crisp air and colorful leaves that fill the forests up North in October, but there are still ways to get in the spooky spirit no matter where you are.

Here are 15 fun ways to embrace fall in Florida.

1. Go to Halloween Horror Nights at Universal Studios 

Take a trip to Orlando for a night of endless scares. Halloween Horror Nights at Universal Studios is a must for most Floridians! Halloween Horror Nights is a nighttime event where Universal Studies transforms the park into Florida's scariest Halloween experience, filled with walk-through mazes, intense scare zones, terrifying live shows and rides.

2. Visit Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party

If you're not a fright night person, still consider taking a trip to Orlando to attend Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party! Disney World does an amazing job of transforming the parks to celebrate every season, but Disney World in fall is my all-time favorite. It's spooky without being scary, and extra Halloween fun awaits every night with special events in Magic Kingdom!

3. Enjoy EPCOT's International Food and Wine Festival 

Fall isn't just for scares, it's also for food! This food and wine festival goes on for weeks, with more than 25 global marketplaces. You can sip and taste your way around the world just by walking through EPCOT's World Showcase. EPCOT's International Food and Wine Festival is heaven for all you foodies out there!

4. Spend the weekend at Oktoberfest

There are Oktoberfest-styled celebrations all over Florida around this time of year. These festivals are put on by German American societies and are huge hits for everyone 'of age'. They're packed with food vendors, beer vendors, entertainment and people ready to have a good time!

5. Go on a haunted ghost tour

Florida is filled with old historical buildings, many with haunted legends attached to them! These Haunted History Tours give you a tour around your city, usually, as the sun is going down. They're interesting to more than just history buffs because they give you the chills every now and again.

6. Visit your local pumpkin patch

Pumpkin Patches like Farmer Mike's U Pick, doesn't only offer fields of perfect pumpkins for you to chose from, but also mazes! The normal corn maze is difficult enough, but Farmer Mike's also has a huge haunted maze that will make you feel like you're in a scary movie! If being chased by clowns isn't your thing, you can stay on the safe side and have a photoshoot where you pretend it's #sweaterweather.

7. It's DIY season

There's no better crafting season that fall! Put your DIY skills to the test and make all those fun crafts you've been saving on your Pinterest board! You'll be 'fall'ing in love with your fall-themed living space in no time!

8. Pumpkin spice everything

Spice up your life by adding pumpkin spice to absolutely everything you consume. Whether you're a baker or a buyer pumpkin-food is everywhere and it gives you a great excuse to indulge! With pumpkin bread, pumpkin pie, pumpkin cookies, pumpkin cake and of course, pumpkin spice lattes, you can't go wrong!

9. Fall = football

Whether you're at the game supporting your team, or having a football party at your house, you know fall just isn't fall without football!

10. Candles, candles, candles 

Even though it's anything but sweater weather outside, doesn't mean you can't pretend like it is inside! Sweet cinnamon pumpkin, pumpkin pecan waffles, marshmallow fireside, pumpkin cupcake, pumpkin apple, you name it your local candle retail store has it! My favorite candle seller, Bath and Body Work's, has great sale's on candles this time of year!

11. Scary movie marathon

Movie Networks like Freeform, SyFy and Disney all have great scary movie marathons throughout the month of October and you can find the movie schedules online. Netflix and Hulu tend to update their selection this time of year for spookier options so they can compete with regular TV channels!

12. Take a trip to the farmer's market

Florida has great weather year round, so fresh produce usually isn't hard to find any time of the year, but it always seems best in the fall so don't miss out!

13. Endless costume choices 

What's nice about Halloween in Florida is that costumes aren't constrained by cold temperatures. You can wear whatever you want and you sure won't be cold!

14. Spruce up your wardrobe 

Fall is the cutest clothing season, and Florida clothing stores are great about having light-weight fall fashion options! Since Floridians won't be splurging on a new pair of Uggs, they can spend their money on cute fall pieces to spice up their closets. Wearing darker nail colors and dying your hair darker are other great ways to follow fall trends without wearing thick flannels in 90 degree weather!

15. Eat some candy 

If Reece's pumpkins don't get you in the spirit, I don't know what will!

Embrace fall no matter what temperature it is, and stay safe Floridians, nothing's spookier than hurricane season!