FairyTale of One

FairyTale of One

9
FairyTale of One

Puppy love is more commonly spread in today's time than a stomach virus. All the couples batting eye lashes at one another along the streets, it's around every corner. Coming from someone that was in a relationship that turned out to be a train wreck wrapped up in pretty paper, the eyes are deceiving. People thought of my relationship to be cute, and I always got the "why can't I have what you have?". I couldn't say what I have to say now at the time, because I, myself was being blind sided by a fairytale.

Everything was perfect in the beginning, we were new and fun. I thrived to know everything about my partner, from their favorite color to their shoe size. I was on cloud 9 from all the uplift I got. The text messages expressing how perfect I was in their eyes, the cute dates and surprises, to the cuddles and movies at home. I couldn't have asked for anything more perfect, then the puppy love went away.

Instead of the texts explaining how I was perfect, it became texts telling me how I was so wrong. I tried to be this person they kept pushing me to be, which led me down a path of hating myself. The cute dates turned into fights and screaming matches, we couldn't go anywhere without one of us crying. The cuddles and movies became pushes and shoving. My happiness became a lost cause.

Countless times I tried to get the courage to realize I could do so much more with my life than be someone's dishrag, but I didn't want to imagine life without someone I had invested so much time into. Finally I decided the belittling and breaking of my appearance and attitude had to come to an end. I looked in the mirror and told myself, "yes, you've messed up, but this isn't you and this isn't what you deserve. " That day it was gone. Heartbroken for a couple of hours but relieved I would never be dogged in front of my friends again by someone who was insecure about their imperfections that they had to break down the one person that tried to build them up.

Now I am finally being able to be myself. I'm becoming happier with who I am. I want to help show other people that you don't have to have someone to sit and tell them to be better, you can do it on your own. Love comes and goes, but being true to yourself, that alone can set you heart and mind to achieve things you've never imagined.