When Writers Feel Like They're Failing..

What you can do to support yourself.

904

In response to 10 Things Artists Are So Tired of Hearing

Being a writer, feeling like a failure comes with the territory. Whether I am writing a story or poetry - I have had my doubts of my abilities as a writer.

When these days arrive, there is no stopping it. Maybe it's a cruel from of writers block?

What I usually do is take a step back for a few days and then later revisit whatever I was struggling on. But if the struggle feels too much, I will take a step back from that work completely and try something new.

Sometimes, you can focus too much on one thing. Especially as an artist or writer.

Having a good support system is vital. In today's age not many writers tend to have those who truly support them surrounding them. For some reason, writing as a passion isn't taken as seriously as other artforms. Don't ask me why, I don't know. In fact - I wish I knew.

Isn't writing just painting words with a pen? Surely.

If you're a writer and you're struggling - find a community of likeminded people. Whether that be online or in person. Just find people to connect with so you are not alone. This is the most important part. As mostly, close family and friends surrounding writers aren't writers themselves.

So finding people to connect with definitely enhances the whole experience. Ultimately, don't forget to trust your instincts as a writer. Trust your talent and you will go far!