We All Hopped On These Bandwagons But Let's Hope These 7 Fads Are Left Behind In 2018

Well, maybe.

62
Youtube

Fads happen every year. From chokers in the 1990's to fidget spinners in 2017, fads are one of the greatest and worst things to come to the population. Granted, fads are pretty cool, and we all hop on the bandwagon whether it be intentionally or unintentionally. It happens. Now, the downside of fads is the growth of consumerism, but maybe I'll talk about that later.

For now, with us being only three months into 2018, so many fads have already hit the modern world. I wanted to highlight a few to either keep you on your boujee and modern game, or tell you what to stay away from if you're trying to stay *~edgy~*:

1. Redbubble stickers

I'll be completely honest, my laptop is coated in them. I have things from Trisha Paytas, feminist quotes, and even (ironically) a juul on mine. These stickers help show what you really like and Redbubble has such a wide variety that you really can not complain, or find nothing that you like on there.

2. Juuls

You see them everywhere: parties, the street, and I bet you can find at least two empty Juul pods laying around outside within the next ten minutes. Now, the benefit of a Juul is that they do work to quit smoking (trust me), and they are a lot better for you, and your wallet, than a pack of Marlboro's would be, but everyone has them, and they've quickly become the new 2018 addiction.

3. Popsockets

These things are everywhere. There are logos, designs, and even websites where you can make customized ones to your preference. Even I had one at one point in time, but everyone has them and they're old news. Honestly, bring back phone cases with built-in kickstands. I'm waiting.

4. The Krusty Crab vs Chum Bucket meme

This meme pops up on Twitter all the time. Granted, it's hilarious, but I've seen ones that I do not agree with, and sometimes I get offended.

5. And the "Change my Mind" meme

The origin story of this is hilarious (look it up sometime), but this has blown up, and in the best way possible. No matter how many I see that are self-destructive related, they are still hilarious and so relevant to me as a twenty-something, dramatic young adult.

6. These makeup tutorial videos

Most of us beauty gurus can relate that, at a young age, we've sat down in front of a mirror, laptop on one side and all of our drugstore makeup sprawled out in front of us, and tried to follow a makeup tutorial from one of the hot-shot beauty gurus on YouTube - and failed. Now, these videos are honestly kind of great, because they show us that even though we might not be able to contour, half of these beauty gurus can't understand the other half. And that's just really comforting.

7. Vine References

We love them and we need them. "Fre sha va cado" is iconic, and I want it engraved on the top of my tombstone so everyone remembers me for my love of tacos. While I do love a good vine reference, the only reason that this fad needs to die down is because vine is gone, and it has been for a while. It's the same jokes over and over again, and some of them are just annoying (*cough* fuck ya chicken strips *cough*).

So look, we love our fads and we love our memes, but at the end of the day, some things need to be gone. I'm over it.