The iconic classic movie, "Breakfast at Tiffany's," is a fan favorite among most people. Here are some fascinating behind-the-scenes information of the famous movie, Breakfast at Tiffany's.
1. Audrey Hepburn actually hated danish pastries
According to a report in the 1960's by the New York Times, "Miss Hepburn, it developed, had no affection for the Danish, preferring ice cream at Schrafft’s."
2. Marilyn Monroe was supposed to play Holly Golightly
3. Audrey's dress was designed for her
In 1961, when Audrey Hepburn got the roll of Holly Golightly, designer Hubert de Givenchy designed the famous black dress. After Audrey Hepburn died in 1993, Givenchy donated the dress to the City of Joid Aid. Eventually, in 2006 the dress was auctioned off for more than $900,000.
4. They shot an alternate ending
5. The cat who played "Cat" is famous
The cat, who is named Orangey, received several awards for his role in "Breakfast at Tiffany's." Although, many people suspect that it was not only one cat but several identical cats who played the role.
6. Holly's shades are not Ray-Bans
7. Paramount wanted to remove the famous track, Moon River
The Paramount executive, Martin Rackin wanted the song to be removed after he did a preview screening of the film. Audrey Hepburn, who was usually mild-mannered responded to the executive with, "over my dead body". The song, "Moon River" won the Academy Award for best original song.
8. Breakfast at Tiffany's was the first time the jewelry store, Tiffany's, was used as a film location
The famous jewelry store, Tiffany's, remarked, "grateful for the kind words and free publicity." But, when they were filming the store brought in 40 guards and store clerks to help protect the jewels inside. As Holly says, "Nothing very bad can happen to you there".