10 Face Products For Skin With Acne

10 Face Products I Live By, For The Sake Of My Acne-Prone Skin

I have struggled with acne since I was in the fourth grade. These products have gotten my skin to the best state it has ever been in.

176
Natasha Fenwick

Over the years, I have used the countless number of over the counter acne products. I never paid attention to the cause of my acne or what I was doing wrong. Besides the products I was using, I was ignoring daily habits that contributed to my continuous acne. It wasn't until after high school that I started to make changes in my daily habits to help cure my skin. I would wash my pillowcases more often and even tried to better my diet. As a college student, I was eating trash. I noticed that when I didn't have dairy in my diet, my skin wouldn't break out as much. Even recently, I visited a dermatologist to finally get to the root of the problem. These products have been recommended to me by my dermatologist, as well as helped my acne during my time of experimenting with products:

Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser

I started using this product my freshman year of college, which was suggested by a friend in the same dorm. This product is my go-to cleanser because of how gentle it is on the skin. Some cleansers I have used in the past made my skin feel dry. This cleanser is so gentle that is doesn't dry your skin out, but make it feel as smooth as a babies bottom.

Water

water

Drinking water is a miracle medicine for our skin. It helps to eliminate the toxins and gives your skin a fresh glow.

PONDS Dry Skin Cream

Honestly, when I discovered this product I was being cheap and had heard some good reviews about it on YouTube. This product is so moisturizing to the face. Using my face looks oily when I used facial moisturizers in the past, but this one doesn't.

Retin-A 0.05

As prescribed my dermatologist; although, when I started this product it dried my skin out especially the corners of my nose and mouth, it has been the biggest game changer. I only use this product twice a week and only a pea size amount which can cover my entire face. I pair this with my PONDS dry skin cream to minimize the dry skin from the Retin-A.

LUSH Cosmetic Warrior Fresh Face Mask

This fresh face mask makes my face so happy! This mask is infused with moisturizing egg whites, honey, garlic, and tea tree oil. Yes, this masks does have to be refrigerated because of the raw products in it, so usually, I use it right out of the fridge while its chilling cold. This mask helps to clear skin up, like troubled skin like mine.

LUSH Tea Tree Toner Water

animal testing

I've been a believer of tea tree oil for years so when I discovered this product, I knew that its benefits would reap. This toner is so refreshing on my skin! The cleansing tea tree, juniper berry, and grapefruit waters in this toner help to also keep excess oils under raps. Unlike some toners that use alcohol that make your skin uncomfortably tight, this toner leaves your skin fresh.

Drunk Elephant NightBright Duo

A Sephora associate suggested these products to me as her esthetician suggested it to her. It is pricey, but they are amazing products that make my skin feel like silk. These products are the T.L.C. Framboos, a AHA/BHA (alpha hydroxy acids, e.g. glycolic and lactic acids/beta hydroxy/salicylic acid) gel and a Virgin Marula Luxury Facial Oil. The gel lifts dead skin cells on the surface to revealing a even-toned complexion. The oil is rich in omegas 6 and 9 that hydrates the skin.

elta MD Facial Sunscreen

I have been to tanning beds in the past and went in the sun with no sunscreen. I'm just ready to protect my skin from sun damage and skin cancer. This sunscreen is specifically for your face and is specifically for acne-prone skin like mine.

Bare Minerals Blemish Rescue Mattifying Primer

I was already using the basic Bare Minerals primer, but when this product came out I thought that it would be even better for my acne-prone skin. I tend to get some redness on my face which the green mineral pigments help to neutralize the look of redness. I feel as if my pores appear to be large, this mattifying primer preps skin for makeup and minimizes my pores.

Benzyl Peroxide 10%

I purchased this from my dermatologist's office. I alternate with this product and my Retin-A. I use this twice a week as well. This product helps to destroy acne-causing bacteria. This does cause some dryness, but not as much as the Retin-A.

Acne products don't work for everyone, so I suggest that you experiment with your skin and more importantly you should go visit a dermatologist!