Eyes Set to Kill concert review 4/20

Eyes Set to Kill concert review 4/20

Eyes Set to Kill, Bad Seed Rising, and the Nearly Deads destroy the Studio @ Webster Hall

14
Eyes Set to Kill concert review 4/20
B-Sides.tv

Hello everyone, I know it has been a couple of months since an article was written by me. But I am back into this and time to review one of the concerts that I just went to a few weeks back. The concert took place at the Studio at Webster Hall in New York City. So let's begin the concert review

Eyes Set to Kill concert review

Yes indeed, you are reading the title correctly as I went to go see Eyes Set to Kill. The band was accompanied by Bad Seed Rising and the Nearly Deads. This was the first concert I went to that was an all female fronted tour. Also the tour has FREE VIP! so do not pass up on that. Just to get this out of the way already, but all of the ladies did wonderful on the tour. This was only the third date of the tour and the tour will range up to May 22nd with May 21st in NJ so I might go again to see all of the wonderful ladies again.

Awake at Last

So the band to begin it all was a local band from Dover, Delaware called Awake At Last. The members of Awake At Last are Vincent (vocals), Tyler (bass and backing vocals), Eric (lead guitarist), Imran (Rhythm guitar), and Jon (drums). For this band, they were the only male fronted band of the night for an all female fronted night. But I can say that the guys did a wonderful job of getting the small capacity crowd going nice and early. The band had some bumps in the performance, more or less the fact that Tyler's wireless amplifier blew on him during a middle of a song. But thanks to the Nearly Deads for lending the guys their drum kit, the band was able to perform a complete set list. Which if anyone heard Vincent sing, some would think that he's like the cloned version of Gerard Way's voice. And if others saw the way that Eric played guitar, some would imagine him being the kid from School of Rock because his techniques are the same that were used in that hit movie. By the end of the night, I became really good friends with all of the guys and the guys currently have another tour going right now, but be aware they are rising up fast. The band released an EP in 2014 but as for some time in July of this year, the band will be releasing their first full album and expect big things from them in the future.

The Nearly Deads

Now to begin the actual show card. the first female fronted band of the night was The Nearly Deads. The Nearly Deads come from Tennessee, but that night was their first ever performance in New York City as a band. The band did really well to start out the night even thorough it started with some teasing to the band's guitarist. The band consists of Theresa (Vocals), Steve (lead guitarist), Kevin (bassist), Javier (rhythm guitar), and Josh (drums). The band did really well for hearing about them for the first time. The Bands merchandise is based on pop culture and movie reference and nerd references. This is because there is a cool poster of the members being cards in like Dungeons & Dragons with statistics and sayings from them. Also, there latest album is called Revenge of the Nearly Deads which references to Revenge of the Nerds. the band is a combination of punk rock and grunge with some alternative rock thrown in. The band is currently unsigned so everyone go check them out and if you like their music then buy merchandise and Tweet the band to a record label looking for some new talents. So from their pop-punk feeling to their bassist almost walking into the crowd during their set and them all having boxes to stand on, I was truly impressed by them. 10/10 would see them again.

Bad Seed Rising

So by now almost everyone should know about them from my early articles about them. Even though it was only a month after seeing them again (Memphis May Fire tour), the kids never seem to fail me. Their set list included hits like What I've done?, 30, Dexies, and Can you feel me. So their set list was a bit longer than their set list when on the Memphis May Fire tour. They all did really well like always, but one criticize is Francheska's vocals seemed a bit soft on the loud meter which would be lost in the loudness of the instruments. For once I did not Snapchat their set, but rather live stream their set on Facebook for once. I would probably live stream their set again, but maybe be a little bit father away just so the vocals do not get lost. But all around, my wonderful children once again did really well and I am truly proud of them and I will always go see them live whenever. Whcih one thing I liked is Aiden just kicking his drums over and leaving the stage with his drums all over. Also, Francheska was crowd surfed away to the merchandise table like always. 20/10 infinity see them no matter what. Sadly I cannot share the live video, but if you log onto Facebook and look my name up you can watch their entire set from that night.

Eyes Set to Kill

Well like Michel Buffet says "Annnnd, noowwwww. It's time for this evenings main event" with Eyes Set to Kill. If you have not heard of them, the band has been around since 2006 and has been internationally known around the world. The band consist of founding member Alexia (lead vocals and guitar), founding member Caleb (drums), new member AJ (rhythm guitar and unclean vocals), and Tiaday (Bass). For any of their die hard fans they should be happy regardless if the sisters are not together because the sound of the bands music has not changed at all with the new members. For the first time seeing them they did a really good job because everyone was going insane for them. One song that I like live is Broken Frames because of the unclean vocals involved in the song because I am a screamer who sounds like screams from Jeremy McKinnon (ADTR). Also while I was at the side of the sage, Tiaday just got in my face and I was complelty covered in her hair, but that did not bother me at all. But they did really well performing and which everyone liked the show. Including myself, I would definitely go see them whenever they are in the NJ/NY area. 20/10

So the concert as a total was an awesome night and for my 5th concert of the year already it was a good one. All of the girls are the nicest girls ever and anyone should catch this tour to experience something new of an all female fronted bands tour. The show was phenomenal besides the volume of the instruments being brought up a lot to destroy Webster Hall. But maybe May 21st in NJ, I might return to catch the end of the tour and see all of these lovely ladies again.