6 Extremely Enjoyable Activities To Do This Eid That'll Unwrap Your Excitement

Ready to make this Eid one you'll never forget?
586

Aaaannnndd just like that Ramadan is over. The month where we give up so many of the simple liberties we take for granted. However, now that we are at the conclusion there is a need for celebration: Eid! This is one of the two grandest religious celebrations in the year.

As a kid, I always looked for the fun activities and games that my parents and family would plan for us. Having younger siblings myself, I now realize the importance of such activities and its affect on their childhood. Even if your a teen, elderly, parent or even a toddler, everyone should immerse themselves in this marvelous day. From the sticky hands after eating all the sweets physically possible to the joy witnessed when giving others gifts, Eid is a time to remember! Here are some ways you can make your Eid one you will never forget.

1. Decorations

Thank God they still work from last year. Finally, its time to take out those Eid lights and go crazy. Try to spice it up a bit and make handmade Eid decorations and hang them up. Make your house sparkle inside and out.

2. Get festive

Yes, that's the attitude. Well...maybe don't plan on going around breaking things, but try to build up your excitement. Buy new clothes for Eid, get your henna done or give yourself a facial. Allah (swt) has given you this joyous celebration so take advantage of it to the fullest. Fuel up on the contagious Eid energy and let it explode!

3. An Eid scavenger hunt

People of all age including adults tend to enjoy this game. I remember as a little girl I loved this game and used to be so competitive.

While all the cousins would sit downstairs watching a movie, all the adults would go around the house and hide all their gifts as well as scatter candy all around the house. Each child had his or her own map that they had to follow. Whoever collected the most candy (which were like extra bonus point) as well as collected all their gifts the fastest was the winner.

If creating a map is too hard, especially if you have a lot of people, create clues instead and watch as everyone walks around the house scratching their heads trying to find out where their next gift could be.

4. Secret Eidi

That's probably going to be the reaction you get every time. The day of (or maybe a few days before Eid comes), put the names of all of your family members in a hat. One by one each one picks a secret name. Everyone playing should have a pre-existing Eid list and a budget for each person (usually no more than $100).

Then when the time comes, each person reveals who they got and gives them their gift. Make sure you're strict with not letting anybody slip up who they got. Keep it a secret until its time for everyone to reveal their secret someone.

5. Family time

It's the moments with your family that you will remember the most. The laughter, the surprises, the grand feasts! It warms you inside and out. If you're invited to a bunch of Eid parties all day long, remember to cut out a little time to spend solely with your family.

6. Treat yourself

This is an explicit nod to all the parents out there. Just because it's Eid doesn't mean you slave away in the kitchen or give yourselves up trying to make your kids happy. It's your time to celebrate as well. Weather its a trip to the spa, an at home facial or massage by your kids or gifts, enjoy it. You deserve it!

SEE ALSO: 7 Last Minute Gifts For Eid