Exposing My Snaps

Exposing Myself And All Of My Friends

I always knew that I wanted to travel, but now that I've done it, I miss that I'm not still currently doing it.

537
Exposing Myself And All Of My Friends
Alyssa Owings

If you're a returning reader, chances are you know that I studied abroad last semester. I mean, I only tell literally anyone who will listen to me for thirty seconds. I did a little studying (I guess) but mainly I was just there having a good time and living my best life. I mean, wow. I think I was made to travel and just do whatever I want to do (yes, I know this is no way to live life forever, but come on).

Some of my favorite stories to tell now come from those five months that I spent living in England. I've written a few different articles now about studying abroad and some of the things I did while I was there but I thought it would be fun to relive some of my most...interesting (?) memories. I'll try to explain some of the things a little, but TBH, half of these things might not be as entertaining to you as there are to me and those that were involved.

If we're being frank, I'm writing this article and sharing these memories for myself. Sure, if I'm lucky you'll benefit too and you'll like what you read, maybe being entertained for a few minutes. But this is really for me because if I'm being honest with myself, I miss traveling and I miss the person that I was while I was traveling, too. So if you'd like, you can view this as an homage to that girl.

So sit back and enjoy these exclusive Snapchat videos and photos that are most likely never before seen by anyone else except for whoever was there when I was taking them. If you couldn't be there, at least have a good time living vicariously through me.

This is one of the first nights we ever went to the bar that was on campus. We made some new friends. This one took my phone, one of them threw up on the table... It was quite the experience.

Your browser does not support the video tag.

Then there was this one time when Becka climbed LITERALLY ON TOP of my wardrobe. This also ended up being the night I gave a literal meaning to crying in the club and then ruined some rude jerk's white polo.

Nick coined his key phrase in this one little video and it lasted for the next four months.

We don't question why she does the things she does, OK.

Super Bowl Sunday in the UK is something I am certain to never forget.

I'll also never forget being lost in Barcelona at 2 AM ALONE trying to find Tam while riding in a bus with an angry driver that didn't speak English and did not have time for anyone's bs. Oh, and it was POURING as well.

Anyone remember that time we were in the club and the fire alarms went off because it got too hot? Yikes.

And then this bean came to visit me for Spring Break and we went to Scotland for St. Patty's Day...not Ireland.

This is one of the many videos I have of Lew dancing. I can't post the one I wanted because the orientation is wrong, but this is a close second because of the song alone.

A little behind the scenes of when I get my newest tattoo, which really made me so happy. Also, those roots. Yikes.

We will not love the sound of Scottish bagpipes.

Or the Cheetah Girls and Diet Coke.

See what I mean?

That trip taught me to LOVE MYSELF and that two hours of sleep IS JUST NOT ENOUGH.

And if someone lost their weird Scottish uncle, I think I found him.

Pretty sorry about this one, but I'm also totally not.

We love Glasgow. Really.

To wrap everything up, I guess what I'm trying to get at here is that we're all ABSOLUTE hot messes. But it works. I love you all. Hope it was OK that I exposed you. And I hope you enjoyed our little trip down my messy memory lane.