I Don’t Need To Party To Truly “Experience” College

There are so many more ways to get your college experience.

24
https://www.instagram.com/p/BdYzPxADSKP/?taken-by=tringsby
@tringsby/Instagram

I'm currently a sophomore in college, and I'm here to tell you that you don't have to go party to fit in or get the full "experience." There are plenty of ways to experience college without having to drink or party. You can join clubs and organizations, get involved on campus, and find friends who also don't care for the party scene.

For me, I don't really see a point in drinking or going out to a bar to have a good time, and that is perfectly okay. What do I do instead? I have game nights, movie nights, go out to eat, and etc. with my friends! I feel like it is so much better to remember what you did last night, then to go have wild nights at the bar. There is no fun in not remembering what you did the night before, or having a hangover so bad the next morning that you can't get up.

I've seen the effects alcohol can have on someone's life.

I've seen the effects it can have on a whole family. Addiction is real and it is ugly. I, for one, don't want any part of it, so I don't drink. When my friends go out to the bar and do all those things, I stay home and watch Netflix. Is that more fun than going out with them? Maybe, maybe not, I guess it just depends on who you are. Being around a bunch of drunk people, honestly, makes me uncomfortable. And guess what? That's nothing to be ashamed of.

There is so much more to do in college than to party. This past semester I joined a couple of different clubs that I never would've thought about joining, and I had so much fun becoming a member and becoming more involved on campus! If you're struggling to find your place in college, I highly suggest joining a few different clubs, you can even drag a friend along with you! I promise you'll find your place. without partying.