Expecting The BS But Not Accepting It

Expecting The BS But Not Accepting It

It's not that people are busy, it's that they just don't really care as much as they say they do

16
Expecting The BS But Not Accepting It
Happy Tree Friends Wiki

**Initial warning: There will be some (or a lot of) profanity use, due to the fact that some points need to be emphasized further than their normal status.**

This isn’t exactly the first time it's happened to me and I know it certainly won’t be the last. What am I talking about, you might wonder? I’m talking about how you can have this one person that is always there whenever you need them, goes above and beyond just to provide the comfort, only to fail to provide the same courtesy. Now, if you happen to know me and it feels like I’m calling you out as discreetly as I can, I’m going to say 3 things:

• If the shoe fits, wear it because you obviously have a guilty conscience to even think it’s about you. If you want me to name names, I will drop their links here, but I’m pretty sure no one wants that to happen to them.
  • Maybe if you had more than enough manners, if not respect, without it being pointed out to you by the other person, it might’ve been a different story.
  • I. Don’t. Care. I, overall, don’t quite care if it makes you feel some type of way. That’s not my problem. It sounds more like a personal problem due to the fact that most of you are grown ass individuals and yet, still have to be told about having some courtesy for others as if you’re children.

Are you f***ing kidding me??!

I know many of you are going to say that anyone nor I should expect to be treated the same way. I’m familiar with the saying, “you’ll end up really disappointed if you think people will do for you as you do for them. Not everyone has the same heart as you.” It's true though; some people are just miserable a**holes, what can I say? Most of everyone tends to live that way these days, which is okay because it weeds out who are sticking with you to the end or just using you for their own purposes.

However, I am also familiar with the saying, “treat people the way you want to be treated.” Sounding familiar yet? Ringing any bells? Yes? No? Maybe so? Golden rule, anyone? To be fair, you don’t even have to go too far to figure this out. It’s networked within your friends and/or family; you just have to look far enough, past the surface. If anything, go out there and people watch. I don’t mean stalk them (that’s the last I want to happen and I am in no way condoning stalking). I mean take the time to observe behaviors between individuals.

Going back to my original topic, there’s been people lately who have come to me with their problems, needing someone to talk to, and then dropping off the face of the earth for a time. Now, that generally doesn’t bother me; it really doesn’t. The difference this time on why it bothered me is because they knew something was wrong and just went on with their lives once their rant was done.

Now, mind you, I’m in the middle of trying to repair my life and stressing the hell out because of the problems I’m trying to fix. But regardless, I allowed some time for them, which in turn is also my fault for allowing it. Nevertheless, one of them did ask how I was doing and I responded, “Not good.” The end of that conversation was pretty much useless. Why bother to ask someone how they’re doing if you’re not going to even bother giving them your time, especially with that answer? All of a sudden just because there’s good news that was said, it will suddenly make their problems go away or make them feel better? NO. It started off as a formality at first, but that’s just disrespectful. There are diaries for that. Diaries don’t talk back to you or have problems. It doesn’t breathe. It is a thing, an object. Hell, it’s f***ing PAPER!

Second, I will point out is not even being asked, “how are you?” or a “hi” after a long day of work. Just a peek into my life: I don’t get a “hi” when I get home. I come home from work to even more work and sometimes, extra drama for no reason. What the hell? Did you forget your manners already?

Apparently, that was the case and both scenarios resulted in having to point out the simplest factor: lack of courtesy, manners, and respect.

You can disagree with this if you like. I’m not asking to be agreed with. But if you can’t treat the friends that have been there whenever you need someone, or shit has hit the fan and everyone’s run for cover, or even give them a few minutes to figure out what the hell has been going on, at least have the decency to treat them as a human being; they’re not superhuman although it would be nice.

People who have said, “forget them. They’re not worth it,” generally tend to be the ones to eat their own words. Just because you tell someone that, doesn’t mean it won’t backfire on you. It will, one way or another. Material things are easier to give because it can be bought and only have as much worth as you (or anyone) puts into it. But when it comes time to provide something immaterial, as simple as time, it suddenly becomes too difficult or just so happens to have slipped your mind? It begs to question, what’s your worth there as a friend?