Expanded Storylines Of Movies and TV Shows You Probably Didn't Know About

19

Many times we wish we could see what happens to our favorite characters after the credits roll. We are so fond of the story we really don't want it to end! Sometimes, however, we get this opportunity to continue on. Here are a few of some movies and TV shows you probably didn't know about that continue the tale of some of your favorite childhood stories!

Back to the Future: The Animated Series

I did not see this one coming! This series ran for two seasons from 1991-1993 and it follows the story right after the events of Back to the Future III. The series features all the characters from the original movies, as well as Doc and Clara's kids (Jules and Verne), Doc's dog Einstein, and a few versions of Biff Tannen from different time periods (much like in the movies).

Mary Steenburgen and Thomas F. Wilson voiced the same characters they played in the movies (Clara Clayton and Biff Tannen, respectively). Christopher Lloyd, who portrayed Doc in the movies, does a live-action segment at the beginning and end of each episode, and in some of the episodes he and Bill Nye actually made science experiments based on the episode - which lead to Bill Nye getting his own show! Bill Nye the Science Guy + Doctor Brown = Science Awesomeness!

Episode Spotlight: Season 2, episode 21, "A Verne by Any Other Name"

Stitch!

This one hit home. This anime series released in Disney Channel Japan in 2008 (but don't worry - there's an English-dubbed version). The series ran for three entire seasons and it follows the events of the last movie in the Lilo and Stitch franchise, Leroy & Stitch.

The series background is that a few years after the events of Leroy & Stitch, Lilo leaves for college (cue the tears) and Stitch, saddened by this, leaves Hawaii. Jumba and Pleakley follow him and they crash-land in Okinawa. Here, they meet a young girl named Yuna and a new "ohana" and new adventures form.

The series is actually very good and resembles in some aspects the original Lilo & Stitch: The Series on Disney Channel. Gantu, Experiment 625 (Reuben), Dr. Jacques Von Hämsterviel, and many of the other experiments also return frequently in this series.

*Disclaimer: If you're a fan of the franchise, the episode below will make you feel all the feels.

Episode Spotlight: Season 3, Episode 23, "Lilo"

Disney's The Incredibles: The Animated Series

While obviously not a series, it does fit well into this category. Many people want to see what happened after The Underminer arises at the end of The Incredibles movie, and the family awesomely put their masks on suggesting an a great fight scene - but we were left with just that.

This is a video game sequel to the movie because the game picks up right were the movie left off, with the movie's final scene. Frozone also joins in the fight. The storyline states that the Underminer and his army of robots try to tear up the city. While Elastigirl, Violet, and Dash fight the robots, Frozone and Mr. Incredible fight the Underminer. Facing near-defeat, the Underminer escapes underground, where Frozone and Mr. incredible follow him. They undercover the villain's plot to turn the world into an artificial underground and awesomely defeat him and save the world. The storyline in the game is actually pretty interesting.

Honorable Mentions

Rugrats: All Grown Up!

The series follows the events of the movie Rugrats: All Growed Up! where the babies "go to the future" where they are teenagers. In the series, the Rugrats face all the problems most teenagers and young adults face, making it a more relatable series.

Star Wars: The Clone Wars and Star Wars: Rebels

The first series takes place between Star Wars: Episode II (Attack of the Clones) and Episode III (Revenge of the Sith). It follows Anakin and his new padawan Asoka, as well as countless other characters in the franchise.The second series takes place 14 years after Episode III and 5 years before Star Wars Episode IV (A New Hope). It follows rogue rebels fighting the growing Galactic Empire, which is under the leadership of Darth Vader and The Emperor. The series nostalgically revisits many other classic Star Wars characters, as well.