Everyone is always seeking some kind of approval. Either from people we care about or through the world of the media. That's why it's exciting when a movie or TV show is placed in the area you live.
It's like finally getting some recognition you never thought or knew you were entitled to. It's almost like you're famous, since your town is. You feel as if you might catch a glimpse of yourself in the background. It's just exciting.
This is why "It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia" is one of my favorite shows. Not only because of the snide humor or the shenanigans the gang gets into, but because I get to see landmarks and places I grew up seeing and still go to on my TV screen. Something about it makes it more magical. So, if you're from Philadelphia too, you might want to check out this show and share in some of these little excitements.
1. Recognizing exactly where the scene is being held
From Penn's landing to LOVE park and even Citizen's Bank Park, you can pinpoint exactly where they're filming.
2. Catching small Philadelphia jokes that you'd only understand if you're from Philly
Philadelphians have a certain sense of humor that relates to city life, and you just have to be there to get the joke.
3. Saying "That's so true!" at least five times during an episode
3. Knowing the exact struggles the gang faces
There are more struggles than you would think.
4. Being proud everything is pronounced correctly, like Schuylkill
If you can't say it, please don't attempt to. It hurts our ears.
5. Being able to laugh about horrible things because the cast's portrayal of Philly culture is so accurate
You have to laugh about the horrible things because there's nothing else to laugh about.
6. Thinking about finally getting home so you can re-watch all the episodes on Netflix
Or go to Paddy's Pub and watch it there!