Everyone's A Writer

Everyone's A Writer

Let it all spill out and tell your story, because relating to and helping others with it is the best way to recover and grow from it.

12
Everyone's A Writer
brightdrops.com

I read something absolutely beautiful earlier this week where a girl truly opened up her heart about loving being a writer. I thought it was interesting because when I looked closer at her profile it was evident that she did not plan to go into a writing profession.

I think most people envision being a writer as some sort of job title or something that can't be self-pronounced, but the truth is we are all writers. If you have put pen to paper you are a writer. I think this is something so taken for granted nowadays. I have always written when I was scared, lonely, heartbroken, or dream gazing. I have written about rainy days, sunny days, and all those in between. If you are in my life and have had any impact on me whatsoever I have written about you or how you made me feel, ups and downs included.

The funny thing is for so long I imagined that writing was something I did to escape and that no one else would dare care to read my lengthy, tear-smeared, late night internal struggle written out on a page or maybe even a fast food chain napkin. If anything I thought they would laugh at the fact that I spent hours trying to choose the perfect string of words to explain exactly how my weakness for dating the same type of guy broke my heart once again.

When I started making my writing public I was astounded by the positive responses I got back for just simply speaking my mind and telling my story. I was scared to death to tell people my honest opinion about my view, whether I would be speaking from a woman's voice, an athlete's voice, or a female athlete's voice. What I came to the conclusion of is it doesn't matter; someone is always going to find a problem with it. But on the flip side I've had much more responses that make writing entirely worth it.

I've had guys tell me I helped open their eyes to how women really feel in certain situations, and that they didn't realize we felt that way. I've had people thank me for being transparent about my car accident, because they were in a similar accident and felt better knowing they weren't the only ones feeling that way afterwards.

What I'm trying to say is, writing makes a difference. I am someone who internalizes everything until it spills out onto a page figuratively speaking and... occasionally there are literal tears as well. Pressing submit on an article at times is heart-wrenching, but I have learned that my tears, experiences, and lessons learned mean nothing if I can't help someone else with them.

So while I try every day to be more transparent with my writing I reach out to you guys hoping you will now understand you are a writer too. You too can help someone, inspire someone, or at least show someone else your point of view and paradigm.

You have a voice and an opinion, and I'm so tired of this generation not using it. Speak up, don't be scared. Even if I don't agree with your opinion, or I can't relate to your story, someone else might, and I'll at least have respect for the fact that you had the courage to voice it and support something you believed in.