Why Everyone Should Get To Travel

Why Everyone Should Get To Travel

"The world is a book, and those who do not travel only read one page." - Saint Augustine
13

God created the Earth for his creations to thrive. We are made to appreciate and explore the world He has made for us. If we just stay in one place our whole life, we only see a small percent of His amazing Earth. We owe it to him to travel.

Our ancestors have created history for us to learn. There are ancient ruins in Italy that still stand tall. There is a wall in China that divides the continent. There are paintings in France that are centuries old. There are animals in Australia we don't normally see. There are bone fossils in Africa that are evidence of the creatures before us. We have so much to explore and learn from the humans before us. It is amazing what they have made and found. The breathtaking views are worth the pilgrimage.

I encourage everyone to travel. Traveling gives you the freedom to be independent and not rely on one resource. You find yourself learning new ways of doing things, new words on describing things, and new perspectives on the world. You start to learn about the world around you, not just the world written on the pages of your history book. You get to learn about yourself. When you see these things, you have moments. These moments can be life changing or just enlightening. You get to learn about how you are and what ignites your soul. You meet people that you never knew existed. You try new foods you wouldn't try at home. You connect with yourself on a spiritual level. You smell new scents that will remain a part of this experience. You only get to find yourself in these moments of traveling the land God above has made for us.

A moment I felt my soul emerge was the first time I saw the Eiffel Tower in Paris, France. I remember seeing the statue in movies and in books. It was an iconic image of the city of Love. But when I saw it in person my heart fluttered. This structure was built in two years to make a statement to the world. It was to get attention in the time era. It was supposed to be temporary, but here it still stands. Now it is the Star of Paris. It is one of the most iconic pieces in the world. And in one moment in 2011, a fourteen-year-old American girl fell in love with the Eiffel Tower and the world beyond her backyard.

I have been addicted to traveling since. I find myself traveling every chance I get. I want to see the tall skyscrapers of the city but also the endless fields of flowers in the countryside. I want to smell the salty seas air with my toes deep into the sand, but I also want to travel the rope bridges over the jungle. I want to see the manmade creation but I want to see the natural beauty that lies on the Earth. I hope to see as many of these things as possible in my lifetime. I want my soul to glow with a passion for the Earth that God has made for us. I want to see that passion in the people around me. I want to share the love of travel and the love of the world in its beauty.