5 Incredible, Everyday Ways God Reveals Himself To Us

5 Incredible Everyday Ways God Reveals Himself To Us

He reveals Himself in the most basic ways, through nature, conversations, and interactions, but because it is by God, He makes those everyday ways, incredible.

8598
personal photo

God is beyond powerful, having the ability to create and destroy. He reveals His Almighty power through many incredible, yet average things. He proves His existence through His creation, and, sometimes, His destruction.

He makes Himself known in everyday life. These are the ways that I see him in my everyday life.

1. God reveals His plan through natural phenomena.

This includes anything from storms, tornadoes, volcanic eruptions, hurricanes, and even fog. God reveals His frightening, overwhelming power, something that makes Him amazing, through the destruction of areas. However, he makes these destructive forces strangely beautiful, and uses these to reveal His plan, whether it's a new home for survivors or a call to help others. No matter where God calls you, a natural phenomena is one main way He reveals His plan for you.

2. Sunsets and sunrises reveal His glory.

Although any normal person would think that sunsets and sunrises are also natural phenomena, neither are highly considered in this category. Sunsets and sunrises are beautiful, glorious ways in the beginning of the day and the end of day that God reveals His wondrous glory. We can wake up to God's glory and we can enjoy His glory right before resting in His presence.

3. Your conversations with others reveal God’s compassion.

Often times, God reveals His loving, overwhelming compassion through the people around us. By the way the people express their love for us, the way our friends care for us in our hurt, and the way our family provides for our needs all show that God lives within other people and His love and compassion is expressed simply in everyday communication and affection.

4. He reveals His advice through signs, billboards, articles, etc.

Before my grandmother passed, I noticed a church sign that read, "Earth has no sorrow that Heaven can't heal." When I was struggling with self-image, I received a card that said, "A reminder that God loves you." Lastly, I was reading an article titled, "I Took A Month Off Of My Life To Work On My Relationship With God," and it opened my eyes to my need to be with God when I decide anything for my future. In the same way, God can reveal things to others through signs, billboards, and articles, too. Be sure to listen to Him in everyday situations.

5. Strangers’ kindness reveals God’s kindness.

Have you ever had a random stranger pay for your meal, whether at a sit-in or in the drive-thru? Have you ever had a stranger compliment you out of pure kindness? That's God! He reveals His kindness and how He lovingly provides for all our needs. God isn't only in your inner circle, He is everywhere! He reveals Himself in the most basic ways, but because it is God, He makes those everyday ways, incredible.