Everyday Easter

Everyday Easter

Not just a day to celebrate once a year

5
Everyday Easter

This year I wasn't able to join my family for Easter. If I remember correctly, I'm pretty sure this is the first time ever I haven't been able to celebrate it with them! At first, that made me really sad and not in a super mood to celebrate. I mean who wants to celebrate Easter alone? But I looked outside this morning and realized how beautiful it was! The sun was shining, the temperature was perfect, and there was not a cloud in the sky! How much more perfect could Easter get? And how could I not celebrate that?

The next step I took pushed me out of my comfort zone but as I turned on my "Christian Songs" playlist (so original) and got ready to attend church alone all I felt was happiness! I realized this day is so much more than what I had thought of it as in the past. Before, Easter meant you dressed up, went to church, and spent the day with your family. I'm ashamed to say that's pretty much how I've always treated Easter. Just a list of things to check off then onto the next holiday.

Well, thank goodness our God is so good and forgiving of my complacent thoughts on Easter.

Today, I went to church alone but never did I feel lonely. Since 9 AM this morning when I started jamming with Jesus I have felt so whole and so complete and you want to know why? Because I am celebrating the most amazing thing anyone has ever done for us! I am celebrating the guy who loved me and you so much that he died a painful death on the cross only to be resurrected 3 days later to conquer both sin and death! That is a major gift! In fact, it's so major that we truly shouldn't just spend one day celebrating it!

Instead of treating Easter like a holiday to check off the list I want it to feel like Easter every single day! And the most amazing thing is that it can be! God's love is forever and Jesus' gift of life to us is forever! So, from this day forward I declare everyday to be Easter! I am going to wake up every morning, even on my worst days, and praise the most amazing God for loving us so much that he brought Heaven down to us so that we could experience eternal life with Him. I mean how could you not be thankful for that?!

HE IS RISEN! Happy Everyday Easter Everyone:)

Because your love is better than life, my lips will glorify you. I will praise you as long as I live, and in your name I will lift up my hands.I will be fully satisfied as with the richest of foods; with singing lips my mouth will praise you."

Psalm 63:3-5