Everybody’s Everything: New Lil Peep Album Review

Lil peeps newest album came out this month, let’s take a look

7
Adam Degross

On November 15, 2019, the soundtrack album for Lil Peep’s documentary “Everybody’s Everything” came out. While I already knew a lot of the songs in the soundtrack, there were a few I hadn’t heard before and a few changes in some of the songs. So here is what I think about the soundtrack’s album.

We begin with a fun song titled “Liar” which I thought was the perfect opening for this album. I had heard a version of this on SoundCloud a year or two ago and have always loved the song.

As we continue down the album we find songs with some really cool features and collaborations such as Rich the Kid, Diplo, Era, Gab3, iLoveMakonnen, (of course) Lil Tracy. Each feature gives a new style of music. Every song with Gab3 has a very emo pop feel to it while the songs with Lil Tracy are darker rap songs.

As we keep going down the album we see 3 songs that were “officially” released in October on Lil Peep’s “Goth Angel Sinner” extended play. These were a nice and familiar touch to the album. It was exciting to listen to the final versions of these songs in October and nice to know they’re actually on an album now.

Towards the end of the album there are some of the most popular songs Lil Peep released on SoundCloud. These songs being White Tee, Cobain, and Witchblades (which was the first Lil Peep song I ever heard). We end the album with an acoustic version of “Walk Away As The Door Slams” which brought me to tears. It’s a beautiful songs already and adding an acoustic version of this song to the end of the album was the best closer I could’ve asked for in this album.

There are a few songs on the album that were mixed or changed a bit which I’m not sure I love. For example I don’t necessarily like the new version of “I’ve Been Waiting”. I think that the versions that were already released were enough. Still a great song but I wish they hadn’t changed it.

There are a lot of fun songs on this album, some heartbreaking, some upbeat and exciting, but all genius. Overall I truly think this was a much better album than his first posthumous album “Come Over When You’re Sober pt. 2”.

Three songs I would be sure to give a listen to are “Text Me (feat. Era)”, “Keep My Coo”, and “White Tee”.

Overall I’m very happy with this album as a whole and think it does Lil Peep a lot of justice. I think you all should give it a listen. I promise you, you won’t regret it.