8 Reasons Every Home Should Have A Dog

8 Reasons Every Home Should Have A Dog

They truly are a (wo)man's best friend.

113
8 Reasons Every Home Should Have A Dog
Photo by Eric Ward on Unsplash

Not only are dogs adorable, but they are hands-down the best pets to own. The bonds between dogs and their owners are truly indescribable. Personally, I love my own dog more than I could ever imagine and consider him as part of the family. I have no doubt in my mind that getting a four-legged friend was the best decision in the world. There are plenty of reasons that every family should bring a dog into their home.

Dogs always keep you company.

Photo by Humphrey Muleba on Unsplash

There is absolutely no better feeling than coming home after a long day, opening the door, and finding that your dog has been waiting for you to come back since the moment you left. Whether they are snuggling up right beside you or begging you to play, you never have to feel alone with a dog.

They don't judge you.

Photo by Nathan Hanna on Unsplash

If you've had a bad day and just need to cry, consider your dog as your therapist! Even if they don't listen to begin with, at least they won't share any of your secrets. Dogs don't care what you wear, or if you smell bad, or what you look like. They just want to love you for who you are.

They give you unconditional love.

Photo by James Kresser on Unsplash

Dogs are truly good for your heart. It doesn't matter if you've been out of the house for 10 hours or 10 minutes, they will always be happy to see you. They'll show they love you unconditionally by giving you plenty of furry hugs and slobbery kisses.

They are loyal companions.

Photo by Andrew Schultz on Unsplash

Dogs are typically known for being loyal animals. Usually, when dogs are barking at strangers, they are just trying to protect their owners. Regardless of how annoying their barking can get, they will never leave your side.

They keep you active.

Photo by leonides ruvalcabar on Unsplash

Even if it's just a walk per day, every step counts. I, for one, would not voluntarily choose to go on walks every day if I didn't have my dog. Having a dog helps you to keep moving and stay healthy simply because you want them to be in good health as well.

Dogs give you a sense of purpose.

Photo by Marcus Wallis on Unsplash

Having a puppy comes with a lot of responsibilities. You can't just make spontaneous adventures one weekend without thinking about what to do with your dog. When having an obligation to a pet, it gives you a purpose in life. Dogs rely on their owners for food, shelter, and basically their entire well-being. Without you, your dog wouldn't survive on its own.

They make you more social.

Photo by Jametlene Reskp on Unsplash

It's easy to spark up conversations with strangers when you're with your pup. When walking your dog around your neighborhood, many dog lovers will come up to you and want to pet your dog. Dogs can help humans create friendships and social life.

Dogs make you happier.

Photo by Joe Caione on Unsplash

Just by cuddling your dog, you can easily boost your mood and self-esteem. Dogs can provide humans with daily smiles and positive perspectives. Many colleges and universities bring puppies to their campuses during exam weeks to reduce stress and bring happiness among students.

Having a dog comes with too many rewards to count. In my opinion, there are way more benefits to owning a dog than any other pet, especially talking to you "cat lovers." The quality of life is simply better with a pup. If you don't have a furry friend in your life, I highly suggest you adopt one soon!