Why Every Girl Wants The Keith Scott Body Shop Sweatshirt

Why the infamous sweatshirt is desired by all fans.

10381

Every "One Tree Hill" enthusiast knows the show’s infamous theme song from the beginning to the end (thank you Gavin Degraw), which characters end up with whom, and who actually killed Keith Scott. On top of discovering these facets through heart-breaking scenes, certain icons will always remind fans about the TV show. The River Court: where Lucas beat Nathan in a one-on-one-basketball game, where Peyton confessed her love for Lucas, where the entire cast said goodbye to their high school years, is a huge symbol in the show.

The bracelet that Nathan gives Haley on their first study date is a major token to their relationship and future together.

But most importantly, the extremely comfy “Keith Scott Body Shop” sweatshirt that remained present and important throughout the entire series. Not only do all girls want to curl up in this piece of clothing with their soulmates, but also the infamous sweatshirt touched the hearts of millions all over the world.

Apart from Lucas wearing the sweatshirt at least once in every episode, fans did not know that this piece of clothing would become an icon for the show. Apart from being comfy and stylish, the sweatshirt symbolizes loyalty, family, and remembrance of loved ones. The sweatshirt symbolizes not only Lucas’s loyalty to his uncle, Keith Scott, but also the fact that Keith was the father figure in Lucas’ life. This symbolism relates to how Keith and Lucas’s mother finally end up together, moments before the most famous, tragic episode aired. After Keith Scott’s death, the sweatshirt became a token of his memory, which again, Lucas barely took off.

Even after Lucas was no longer part of the series, the sweatshirt was still very important to the show. The series ends exactly how it began, with a scene of a hooded figure dribbling a basketball wearing the sweatshirt. What makes the beginning of the series different than the finale is the fact that the person in the beginning scene is Lucas and the person in the final scene is Lucas’s nephew, Jamie. The symbolism behind this sweatshirt melts every girl’s heart due to the fact that Lucas’s uncles’ name is on it, and it was passed down from Lucas to his own nephew. Every girl would love to be cuddled in that sweatshirt because to the fans, it symbolizes the laughs, smiles, and tears that transpired after watching the entire series.