Every Day Should Be Thanksgiving

Every Day Should Be Thanksgiving

A Great way to be thankful & grateful for the things you have.
13

The day has come. We've waited for so long. Christmas is here! Actually no, but its younger sweet cousin with no friends- Thanksgiving!

It seems as if this year's summer flew by leisurely, fall missed its entrance, and winter came early. Already everywhere one can see wreaths, Christmas decorations, and candy. It's as if Thanksgiving isn't truly a thing this year- and it's befitting the holiday.

I think in a sense, every day ought to be Thanksgiving.

Every day, we should slaughter a turkey, eat a lot of potato salad, argue with our relatives over the table, and, most importantly, be thankful.

Being thankful and appreciating things helps one make most of life- even if there isn't much to be thankful for.

I've observed, at least in my experience, that people with the least tend to be more appreciative of what they have than those who have a lot more. In that sense, when one doesn't have a lot, one enriches his or her life not by consuming more, but by making what already exists worth more. Does that make sense? Maybe it doesn't, I've eaten too much over the holidays.

I am thankful this year, for the worse things in life- because they add value to what I already have in comparison, and they teach something.

Of course, I'm very grateful for other things in life, like family & friends, food, musical theatre, and food (again), but it's the bad events in life, the hardships and nightmares incarnated that truly make those things matter and stand out.

So, I thank them too. Be thankful for all you have, and eat well- I think that's all one should really do in life.

Oh, and I almost forgot to give thanks to viewers like you

THANK YOU & HAPPY THANKSGIVING!