This Is The 'evermore' Song You Should Listen To, Based On Your Enneagram Type

Long story short, it was a great time.

14879
@taylorswift/Instagram

Soon after Taylor Swift released "evermore," I knew that I needed to combine two things that make me happiest in this life: Taylor Swift and the enneagram.

I've been a Taylor Swift fan since second grade, and I discovered my passion for the enneagram a few years ago. Ever since, I've been hooked, and I know that I'm not the only one obsessed with these gems.

Swift's "evermore" is the type of album with songs for everyone.

There are songs to cry to, songs to scream in the car to, and songs to jam out to at Olive Garden to ("no body, no crime," anyone?). This is truly a no-skip album, and regardless of your enneagram type, each song has a relatable message. To be perfectly honest, I could find a way to relate each song on "evermore" to each Enneagram type.

That being said, I've found a song that I feel matches the essence of each enneagram type.

Of course, this sorting is completely subjective as I'm not an enneagram expert. I don't claim these matches to be absolutely accurate because even those with the same Enneagram type vary greatly! Our individuality is something to be celebrated, but it's always entertaining to find a song that you can relate to on a personal level! I sent out a poll on social media regarding the connection between one's Enneagram type and favorite song on "evermore," and those results are largely reflected below. However, there were a couple of songs that spoke deeply to my soul and reminded me of a specific Enneagram type as well, so this article is a mixture of information and instinct.

Ultimately, it is my hope that finding a song that you can relate to will bring you a little bit of joy that will last for "evermore" in a year that we need it the most!

Type 1- "marjorie"

"Never be so kind you forget to be clever/ Never be so clever you forget to be kind"

I'm a 2w1, and it's no coincidence that "marjorie" is one of my favorite songs on "evermore." Every time I listen to this song, I'm reminded of Swift's responsibility to carry on her grandma's legacy. Type 1s have a strong sense of responsibility to be good, and Swift references a life of balance. From striking a balance between being clever and kind to understand the merits of being powerful and polite, Swift's lyrics remind listeners that loved ones will remember you for being good, not for being perfect. Type 1s are so often fixated on performance, and "marjorie" is a much-needed reminder to focus on the moment and allow oneself to be human. As Swift says, it's the supermarket receipts and little moments that others will use to remember you, so remember to embrace them!

Type 2- "tolerate it"

"I wait by the door like I'm just a kid/ Use my best colors for your portrait"

To be perfectly honest, I didn't love "tolerate it" when I first heard it. However, I've fallen in love with the lyrics after listening to it a few times, and it seems like Swift kept Type 2s in mind when writing this song. Type 2s have a strong desire to be loved, and as a result, they often feel like they have to earn love. Swift's "tolerate it" shows the small, regular ways that Type 2s show love to those around them, as well as the pain that comes when they feel like they are not appreciated. Type 2s show extraordinary love, and they are often best friends to everyone but themselves. Love is meant to be celebrated, not tolerated, so remember to celebrate the Type 2s in your life and remind them to take care of themselves!

Type 3- "dorothea"

"You got shiny friends since you left town/ A tiny screen's the only place I see you now/ and I got nothing but well wishes for ya"

This upbeat song feels like bottled-up sunshine. Type 3s are ambitious and driven, and Swift plays with the different types of success in "dorothea." After Dorothea leaves town and seeks fame, Swift sings about the town that Dorothea leaves behind. She sings that if Dorothea ever seeks relief from "being known for who you know," the town will always welcome her back. This song is a much-needed rest from the hustle of daily life, and its a reminder that everyone views success differently. Just like Type 3s, "dorothea" has a natural charm to it, making it a fan-favorite on the album!

Type 4- "coney island"

"Will you forgive my soul/ when you're too wise to trust me/ and too old to care?"

Swift's "coney island" is easily one of the most underrated, yet magical songs on "evermore." Type 4s are known for their soulful and complex spirits, and "coney island" strikes an intricate balance between grief and hope for the future. From a logistical standpoint, this song is one with some of the most emotional depth on the album as it recounts each and every one of her past relationships through subtle allusions. Swift's "convey island" is artful, poetic, and meditative, all marks of a Type 4.

Type 5- "ivy"

"My house of stone/ Your ivy grows and now I'm covered in you"

Type 5s are highly analytical and curious, and "ivy" allows listeners to take in and truly observe the world that Swift creates. I love the imagery of ivy creeping over a stone wall because it shows the organic growth that occurs when one simply observes and gives in to the process. Type 5s are known for their ability to investigate and take in their surroundings in a meaningful way, and I can think of no better song that displays the innate spirit of Type 5s than "ivy."

Type 6- "gold rush"

"I don't like slow motion double vision in rose blush/ I don't like that falling feels like flying til the bone crush"

Type 6s thrive off of knowing that they are safe and protected, and "gold rush" expresses the need for loyalty and comfort in a relationship. Type 6s are also known for their foresight and ability to plan ahead and account for the future, and Swift's lyrics express this with a glimpse into the future: dinner parties, coastal towns, and the joy found in truly pure love. Type 6s need a firm foundation of trust, and Swift sings about the lovely reality of finding a partner who embraces one fully, no matter how complex.

Type 7- "champagne problems"

"Bustling crowds or silent sleepers/ you're not sure which is worse"

Type 7s are known for their natural calling to seek adventure. Type 7s are enthusiastic and constantly seek spontaneity and excitement in their lives, which can make it difficult to slow down and embrace commitment. Swift's "champagne problems" illustrates the depth of a free spirit who isn't quite ready to settle down and get engaged. While others in the town speculate that she turns down a proposal because she's unable to commit or has a drinking problem, Swift sings about the wonderful spirit of Type 7 who desires to live life to the fullest without any regrets. This song is a reminder that everyone goes through life at a different pace, and no one should apologize for the natural pacing of their life.

Type 8- "no body, no crime"

"No, there ain't no doubt/ I think I'm gonna call him out"

To be perfectly honest, I could listen to "no body, no crime" on repeat for hours. From the Olive Garden reference to the intricate storyline of murder, "no body, no crime" is high-energy, confident, and strong-willed, just like Type 8s. Type 8s are known for their strength and ability to take control over challenging situations, and Swift provides the perfect example where Type 8s can thrive in the context of restoring justice. In addition, the female empowerment throughout this song is a powerful reminder of natural strength and advocating for oneself. With a breadstick in hand, any Type 8 is sure to resonate with "no body, no crime."

Type 9- "happiness"

"There'll be happiness after you/ but there was happiness because of you/ Both of these things can be true"

Swift's "happiness" is the type of song that is deeply reflective and hopeful, even in the midst of extraordinary pain. This is the type of song that one can simultaneously cry to and smile about because of its emphasis on growth. Type 9s are known for their ability to seek peace, both in themselves and the world around them. In order to find this peace, one must be honest with oneself, no matter how painful. On "folklore," Swift's "peace" illustrates the amount of self-reflection required to fully become comfortable with oneself. On "evermore," "happiness" is the perfect compliment to "peace" in that it focuses on the good that follows the pain. Hope is never lost, no matter how far gone one feels; the spirit of Type 9s is exactly what "happiness" means.

Regardless of your enneagram type, I hope you've found a song that you can relate to and enjoy for years to come! Happy listening!