Euphoria is #Relatable

I'm definitely not someone who can lay in bed all day and watch TV shows.

That is, unless, that show is Gossip Girl, Ozark, or Euphoria.

I heard so much hype about Euphoria and at first I thought it'd be too much for me to handle. I decided to give the show a chance since I need a new obsession to ~fill the void~ while I'm at school (super-sounding but I'm sure you can all relate).

"Euphoria" is basically a synonym for happiness. And it's pretty ironic because this show seems to depict the complete opposite of anything happy; mainly a series of good things and bad things.

Anyways, Euphoria is so freaking good. And I think it accurately paints the difficulties with finding your true self as a teenager. If you have yet to watch the show, stop reading.

Zendaya plays the role of 17-year-old "Rue" all too well. Rue is a troubled teenager struggling with a drug addiction. That is, until she meets the love of her life, Jules.

The relationship of Jules and Rue is similar to that of any other teenage relationship. Unstable, emotional, dishonest, and passionate. Most of these pertain to Jules, though, as she has a lot of energy she is trying to both project and protect at the same time.

Cassie is just like any other high-school girl. She searches for validation in every intimate encounter she comes across. The fact that both her parents suffer from substance abuse doesn't help the matter either. Cassie is longing to replace the love her father gave her before he left her at a young age.

Maddie and Nate. The real problem here is Nate. And God, Nate is the f**cking worst. I guarantee any Euphoria fan can agree that Nate is the worst character. He's manipulative, abusive, troubled, and downright mean. But all things aside, he's a product of his own environment.

Maddie and Nate have a very "high school" relationship. They fight, break up, do everything in their power to make each other jealous...and all to get back together and repeat the cycle. It's sad because they know they're not good for each other, but they just can't stay away.

Rue's narration of the show is my favorite part. Before each episode in season one, Rue provides a character "spotlight" for an individual person. It gives the watcher a better understanding of the characters, and almost creates a connection. This show is just a whole bunch of #relatable but at times can be a bit much to handle.

I finished season one last week now knowing there was only one season (you could imagine the devastation). I'll be "patiently" waiting for season two and desperately searching for a new show to fill the void in the meantime.