5 Essential Songs To Power Any College Student Through Spring Semester

With all the assignments and papers, we all just need to dance.

45

1. "Idle Worship" by Paramore

Paramore - Idle Worship (Official Audio) www.youtube.com

From the album "After Laughter," this song makes you want to get up and dance. Hailey Williams's raw natural voice paired with uplifting beats is all that we need sometimes. You'll catch yourself singing at the top of your lungs and forgetting about that stubborn writing assignment, even if it's just for three minutes.

2. "Double Negative (Skeleton Milkshake)" by Dominic Fike

Dominic Fike - Double Negative (Skeleton Milkshake) (Official Audio) www.youtube.com

Dominic Fike's first full album "What Could Possibly Go Wrong" is full of personal and catchy songs. "Double Negative" in particular is one that will have you up and moving. In two minutes, you'll end up wanting more and will constantly have it on repeat. I enjoy "Double Negative" for the sole reason that it is so catchy and the lyrics are relatable. Dominic Fike's versatility is rare and definitely worth a listen!

3. "백현 Candy" by BAEKHYUN

BAEKHYUN 백현 'Candy' MV www.youtube.com

In his second EP Delight, current EXO member Baekhyun gives listeners a fresh song. Every time I listen to "Candy," it feels like listening to it for the first time. The line "girl I'm your candy" has been engraved in my brain ever since listening to it. I am an avid listener of Kpop, and if you've never had the chance to listen to any groups or soloist, "Candy" is a perfect place to start.

4. "BLEACH" by BROCKHAMPTON

BLEACH www.youtube.com

I found myself constantly listening to this song during syllabus week as it feels so groovy and nostalgic. It's a song that's perfect for dancing in your room right before starting assignments. "Bleach" is the song that brings back good memories for me, and for that reason, I tend to listen to it when things are getting tough.

5. "Nights" by Frank Ocean

Nights www.youtube.com

Your playlist is not complete without Frank Ocean. "Nights" is that song you need to listen to during nighttime drives with the windows down after a successful study day. I will admit that I have never gotten tired of this song and will always attribute it to good memories. Frank Ocean's discography is one that most people enjoy, and without a doubt, "Ocean" will help us through this semester.