10 Things Everyone Needs On A Solo Road Trip

Sometime the basics is all it takes to get from A to B.

394

In this life, we face so many crazy-filled moments that sometimes we need a break from all of it. That is when we pack up the car and get out of town. When doing this, there are a few items we need. For me, these are the top 10 necessities that I can't leave without.

1. Granola

Granola Bars

Silviarita

I am all for stopping to take a break if needed, but there is no shame in reaching to grab a handful of granola.

2. GPS and a basic paper map

GPS

Mikes photos

Maps or Google Maps is a must. Especially if you have problems with directions like myself.

3. At least one CD

CD

As old fashioned as this sounds, there is something very eclectic about the tune of a CD.

4. A water bottle or coffee

The Sturbs

Dana Tentis

Don't get me wrong, we should probably be drinking water, but mornings call for coffee.

5. Comfy clothes

Comfy AF

Daria Shevtsova

The last thing I want to feel is not being able to breathe in too tight skinny jeans while driving 60-plus miles an hour.

6. A charger

Charger

ReadyElements

Nothing has infinite battery life, so at some point you will need a charger.

7. Debit card/wallet

Wallet

Lukas

Personally, carrying anything over $40 in cash really freaks me out, so that debit card comes in handy.

8. Downloaded podcast

www.pixabay.com

StockSnap

Sometimes the music gets too heavy, and the open road takes a toll. Then, my friends, is when the podcasts come out.

9. Some comfy shoes

Nikes- the classic

Amen Jakhar

Personally, I always wear house shoes or sneakers because making a four-hour trip in heels does not sound pleasant.

10. Carjack and a spare

Typical Car Jack

Tookapic

It is always better to be safe than in the middle of a dead-zone with a blown tire. Trust me, I know enough people who have had this problem.

These are just the basics of many things one might need. If you are anything like me, over-packing comes naturally. So does making lists. When making those lists, include at least these 10 things as well as many others.