8 Apps College Students Need

LinkedIn And 7 Other Apps That Are Essential For Success This Semester

Adulting is much easier when you have apps that keep you put together.

101

Last year, I learned that attending college involves so much more than just taking trickier classes than in high school. Most students are on their own for the first time in their lives and develop a whole new lifestyle.

I relied on my phone a lot last year to keep me both organized for class and engaged in my university community. I highly recommend these 8 apps or any others that are similar to all students looking to do the same.

1. Trello

Trello allows you to make lists for just about anything. You can categorize your information within a larger category, just like papers in folders stored within a filing cabinet. The best part is that the setup is meant to be visual, so you have a clear understanding of what's going on.

2. Be Focused

This app is amazing for those who struggle with time management (like myself). This app sets 25-minute timers to work with 5-minute timers for breaks. You can also include a task list and the app will keep track of how long you spend working on each task. It's very helpful in fighting distractions when schoolwork starts to pile on and become monotonous.

3. GroupMe

Pretty much every group you'll be a part of in college will use GroupMe to communicate. I'd suggest making an account before you actually need it; your life will be much easier once the semester gets going.

4. Box

My university offers Box, a cloud service with unlimited storage, at no cost its students. Because of Box, students here don't need to buy laptops with an immense amount of storage and can access all of their files from any computer or device with ease.

5. Venmo

Venmo is the single most popular app students use to send money to each other. Go ahead and hook up your bank account so you don't have to fumble around looking for change when you need to pay someone.

6. LinkedIn

Yes, college students are real adults that need to be thinking about real careers. Now is the time to make your LinkedIn account so you can update it with any jobs, internships or accomplishments during your college career, that way you don't have to recall them all years later.

7. Calendar

I know this is a basic app you probably already have on your phone, but I really think it's important to utilize. No matter how much I love my Erin Condren planner, it doesn't remind me that I'm late for something I forgot about. My Calendar app does though, so using both really helps me stay organized.

8. Your Local Transit App

Every area has its own form of public transportation. My university utilizes a bus system and offers multiple apps to help students navigate bus routes to their schedules. I would suggest trying any and all apps available to you to find what works best. Google Maps also knows transit routes and schedules if you need to plan your whole trip in advance.

What are you waiting for? Get downloading!