environmental issues and how to fix them

6 Major Current Environmental Problems And What We Can Try To Do To Fix Them

This is the only planet we've got.

80

Ever wonder what you can do to fix some of the earth most pressing environmental issues? Could you say what they are? One thing to point out is that our environment is ever changing. As this happens we should become more educated on what the problems that are facing the planet because all across the world people are facing new environmental challenges every day.

An environmental problem/issue is considered so when we have problems with the planet's systems (air, water, soil, etc.) that have developed as a result of human interference or mistreatment of the planet.

Here is a list of ten of those problems and how we can try to fix them.

1. Pollution

Pollution in general. Whether it is air, water, or land is one of the top environmental problems that take years to readjust or fix. Pollution affects more than 20 million people. And in some other of the world's most polluted places, babies are born with birth defects, and the level of life expectancy isn't very high.

What can we try to do to fix this or at the very least reduce it?

You can save money by conserving energy, using environmentally safe products, report illegal dumping, and recycle as much as you can. For a full list, click here.

2. Natural Resource Depletion

Resource depletion is the consumption of a resource faster than it can be replenished and is most commonly used when referring to farming, fishing, water usage and fossil fuels.

Some causes of natural resource depletion include overconsumption and waste, erosion, and contamination of natural resources.

3. Waste Disposal

This is the collection, processing, and recycling or deposition of the waste materials of human society. The term "waste" covers both solid wastes (refuse, or garbage) and sewage (wastewater). Most of the time, the things we throw away ends up in a landfill but sometimes it can end up in other places and eventually make its way to the ocean.

So what can we do to fix it?

Well, we can start with getting rid of the plastic bags and relying on reusable containers. These things ensure that we are getting the most out of a product and not wasting it by buying a new one each time. Here are other ways to reduce waste.

4. Climate Change

Climate change is the term we use to describe the change in global average temperatures. But there are also many different types of climate change.

The Anthropogenic, human-caused, climate change range from more frequent and severe droughts to snowstorms and extreme winter weather in temperate regions as a result of warming Arctic weather fronts.

And humans aren't the only ones affected. So while we may not be able to stop this particular one we can reduce it.

The Natural Resources Defense Council has come up with several solutions.

5. Loss of Biodiversity

Habitat destruction is a major cause of biodiversity loss and is caused by deforestation, genetic engineering/modifying, and pollution. It can also be human-caused when we clear away forest for our use.

We can participate in conservation efforts and increase what we know about biodiversity.

6. Deforestation

Deforestation is clearing Earth's forests on a massive scale. Often resulting in damage to the quality of the land and is often done to clear room for farms and other human activities. Forest trees help to create oxygen by turning carbon dioxide into it, in addition, they help manage temperature and rainfall.

What can we do to reduce it? You can help by planting a tree or going paperless as well as buying recycled and recyclable products.

These are by all means not the only problems the environment faces today. But they are some of the ones that we see a lot of. Here is a list of more.