Entropy Chapter Seven

Entropy Chapter Seven

Rewind

31
Entropy Chapter Seven
digital blasphemy

Lili snarled and hissed as the two men led her away from her room. Twice along their way, Lili found a way to attack Dr. Hayden but was quickly met with high voltage shocks both times. They finally arrived at the door where Lili had met the boy who had been dressed in gleaming white. She remembered her hatred; it began to simmer inside her as she was thrust inside by the man with the prod.

As the door slammed, Lili nearly jumped out of her skin, her heart still beating fast from the last shock administered out in the hallway. Everything inside of her told her to run, and she bolted into the nearest corner like a stray dog in an alley. She sat trying to relax enough to keep her heart from jumping into her throat when the boy in white slowly began moving towards her.

"Lili?" he said once he was within her personal space, something in her snapped to attention at the sound of those two syllables. She didn't like being caught off guard, and her hatred boiled up inside her as he looked down at her like she was a lost kitten. She looked back down at the shackles rubbing into her wounds and heard the sound of the boy sliding closer, inch by inch.

When he was within a foot of her, Lili began attacking her wrists in any attempt to draw blood, but the shackles for some reason kept her from being able to utilize her power. She grew desperate and began to panic, her heart rate climbing even higher. The boy finally got too close, and she lashed out with both legs, but he remained steadfast and reached for her hands, she pulled the shackles up into his jaw, which made him reel back for a second before yelling "I'm trying to help you!" in her face. She froze. "I'll take them off," he whispered, gently, his eyes pleading.

Lili stared up into his eyes in wonder; she didn't even notice as he began to reach slowly for her handcuffs once again. She felt a wash of safety flood over her senses, and she began to lean towards him until contact was made as her face rested against his strong chest, his heart beating just as fast as hers was. She closed her eyes, and her memory took over.

Lili opened her eyes and breathed in deep the smell of sleep. Her eyes felt tight from staying up late and the flood of tears that had poured forth the night before. She remembered driving to Harrison's house around 2:30 that morning and climbing up to his window, giving the softest knock to the glass. Harrison had come to the window, headphones hanging around his neck, his computer fired up and flashing. Confusion flashed across his face for a few seconds before he noticed how panicked Lili looked, he opened his window and helped her in. Shutting down his computer, he asked her what was wrong.

Lili poured into a story about how Eliza had told several people at school that Harrison and Lili had been seen together a night sometime before in the lot behind the school. Both Harrison and Lili knew nothing had happened, but Lili's reputation was already hanging by a thread after Mark, and she couldn't handle losing her friends as well. Harrison pulled her close and held her for as long as she cried into his shoulder. His mind raced, how could he help her without perpetuating what had already begun to hurt her?

Eventually, he pulled her close to him and led her to the edge of his bed, he laid down and pulled her into the nook under his arm, Harrison looking up at his ceiling for answers, Lili trying to bring down her heart rate by staring out the window. They fell asleep.

Lili got up and quietly grabbed her phone from the dresser and snuck back out the window, she climbed into her car and made her way home, thank goodness it was Saturday she thought as the landscape flashed by.

Lili opened her eyes and slowly pulled away from Harrison, looking at him with wonder rather than hatred. How could she have forgotten him? The door banged open, and two men pulled Harrison gruffly away from Lili, but Harrison fought with all of his strength to overpower the men. Suddenly he felt one of the men disappear from his side; he turned to see Lili on top of the man, battering him with her handcuffs, blood splattered up onto her face. She turned to look at Harrison, her eyes dancing with her joy, and he knew she wasn't entirely Lili yet.

One of her shackles broke off, and Lili utilized her left hand to formulate all of the blood that had just spilled around her into a red glass dagger which she used to attack the second man. Harrison pulled her back by her waist, horrified to see her bloodlust so soon after getting his Lili back, she turned to cut him with her dagger, but she melted when she saw the tears welling in his eyes, she dropped the dagger, more lab coats swarmed the room and Lili was quickly tranquilized and carried out like a shot deer. Harrison kneeled on the floor of the dimly lit room, loss overwhelming his senses as he watched her go.