Enjoying The Little Things

Enjoying The Little Things

Sometimes, little things make a big difference.

9
Enjoying The Little Things
Huffington Post UK

I believe what makes life great are the little details. Many different, small gestures could mean so much more than one grand plan. Several different pleasures each day can be more satisfying than one exciting weekend. Once you start to make connections to all the smallest joys, your life seems fuller and holds more significance.

1. Smiling to strangers— if you give one, you’re more likely to get one.

2. Watching kids play to remind you to be filled with joy and what it was like to not have a care in the world.

3. Music: whenever you want it, pull out your headphones and lose yourself in your favorite song.

4. Eating alone. A lot of people might feel uncomfortable at first, but it’s sometimes nice not having to talk to the person across from you. Maybe try eating outside and get some sun.

5. An opportunity to be creative. Don’t just wait for something to fall in your lap, make it happen for yourself! Start a journal or a scrapbook to feel inspired!

6. Stimulating conversation. Rather than just sitting in the same room with a friend with your nose glued to your phone, actually talk to each other. You may learn something.

7. Eat something healthy. You always feel great after a healthy, refreshing meal.

8. Indulge. While it feels good to eat healthy, nothing beats your favorite comfort food.

9. Being still. sometimes just doing nothing is exactly what you need.

10. An extra hour of sleep. Maybe try going to bed a tad earlier to sneak in an extra hour or two, and wake up feeling rejuvenated and ready to tackle the day.

11. Wearing a sweater straight from the dryer. There isn’t anything more comforting than sliding into a warm, cozy sweater on a chilly day.

12. That book that you bought a month ago and haven’t read yet— take some time and read it.

13. Feel free to daydream. Let your imagination run wild every now and then.

14. Laughing: so simple, and yet so important.

15. Change up your daily routine. Bring a little bit excitement to your day.

“Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around.”

-Leo Buscaglia