vibes friendships empathy popular understanding

What Is It Like Being An Empath With A Big Heart?

Yes, they're practically synonyms of each other.

171
https://unsplash.com/photos/-bEZ_OfWu3Y?utm_source=unsplash&utm_medium=referral&utm_content=creditCopyText
Photo by Joshua Ness on Unsplash

We feel things too deeply and our ability to understand other people's reasons for their actions are mistaken for weakness.

Being an empath and being done wrong by somebody whom you've encountered to help, can leave you feeling disappointed yet at the same time you try to understand why they did what they did.

Now being an empath and having a big heart is needed to help others. You cannot be an empath and be disdainful, it just doesn't work that way. You need to have felt pain, learned, and moved on from it.

The pain that an empath has encountered is a chain reaction and can be summed up in one sentence: You get hurt because you understand and you understand because you have been hurt.

Now don't get me wrong, being an empath is not always negative, although the process of it does hurt. Being hurt is part of the process and that's when our heart flourishes.

Empaths are strong individuals. We can feel when something isn't right with our loved ones or anyone in general, we literally feel it in our gut. We can be sitting in a subway car and immediately want to cry because of someone in there not feeling too bright about their day.

When you have concluded a sad conversation, you spend some time pondering it and feeling as if you were the one who had the first-hand experience.

It is the same thing with good conversations and good news because you genuinely feel happy for others and their achievements. You're all about the good vibes.

Now speaking of vibes, when you feel them out and they're not up to your expectations, you immediately disconnect. Of course, then you feel bad and try to carry on with the person because you try to understand them.

At the end of the day they're humans like us with different life experiences, right? At least that's what I think.

Empaths get tired quickly when they have been spending too much time without their own company. Spending too much time in a crowded place can get pretty overwhelming. Too many vibes in a bar, subway, city, etc.

We are also experts catching lies in the air and people always come to you for advice. I'd like to have a friend like me to listen to me ramble on about my day and not be judged.

We also love nature and the raw experience we get from it. Little birds chirping in the morning is like music to our ears. The little things amaze us.

Though being an empath can be a curse and a blessing, I would not have it any other way. I think it takes skill to be an empath and anybody with the right mindset can be it, but are you willing to experience pain at the cost of others? That's when your heart becomes big.