Emotional Stages of Letting Your Friend Pluck Your Eyebrows

I could pluck them myself but I can't be trusted with something so important.

113
Denitslava Makeup

My eyebrows are so important to me. They frame the face and are the best tools for silently voicing my thoughts. The problem is, every time I have grown out my eyebrows, so they will be thick and awesome, when i get them done the people made them to thin. When I finally found someone who did them perfectly it cost to much money. I could pluck them myself, but I don't trust myself with such an important task. I've had friends offer to do them and that is a fun adventure that I finally went on. These are the emotional stage of letting your friend pluck your eyebrows.

1. Denial

This is when your friend offers to do your eyebrows and you look in the mirror and pretend that they look perfect and the exact way you want them. If you are super dramatic, you might get angry at your friend for even thinking you need to clean up your brows, even though you are the one who brought it up.

2. Doubt

She is starting to sway you a little. You do really want to clean up your brows, but you don't want them to be messed up. She tells you about other people's brows she's done and how much they loved it and you demand pictures. This phase could last between 10 minutes to a whole week.

3. Acceptance

This is an exciting time when you finally agree to let her touch your face and rip hair out of it. You guys schedule a time because you don't want to be rushing during it.

4. Fear

You are finally sitting down ready to let your friend do her thing. When she goes to get the tools, it hits you that once a hair is plucked you can't unpluck it.

5. Trust

You know your friend and you know she'd never let you go out with busted looking eyebrows. You've seen what she's done to herself and others everything is going to be totally fine.

6. Fear Again

Everything is not going to be totally fine! You are freaking out! She started plucking already so there is no turning back but your super scared of moving forward. She won't let you look till she is done so you are just sitting there in fear of what you'll see when he hands you a mirror.

7. Happiness

She hands you the mirror, you take a steadying breath. You look awesome! She did an amazing job, which you knew she would, and now you guys share this special memory.