Emo Nite: The Double-Take of Life is Beautiful

It was friday's pit-stop at the music festival
45

While attendees were trying to be familiar on the first day of Life is Beautiful, people have stumbled upon EMO NITE at the Kalliope Art Car on 8th St. and Ogden Ave.

Life is Beautiful invited this collective to perform a nostalgic of emo hits across three decades.

One notable face was drummer Frank Zummo of Sum 41, performing an hour and half of incredible dynamic utilization of emo tracks and mash-ups.

Emo Nite is an event from Los Angeles that started by three people: Babs Szabo, T.J. Petracca and Morgan Freed that brings people together to share the love of emo rock music from the early 90’s and 2000’s.

People gathering for Emo Nite // Christopher Kilkenny

The results of Emo Nite brought a lot of attention, putting attendees on a pause, making their own personal intermission before seeking the next major artists lined up for the evening.

Life is Beautiful was triumphant for booking this standout collaboration as fans channeled their Dashboard Confessional or Jimmy Eat World.

After one song track ending, there was this shout “PLAY BRANDNEW!” which unfortunately that person didn’t make it in time, when the early 2001 single “Jude Law and the Semester Abroad” was blasting at sundown.

It was conclusive that emo-rock is still appreciated and Emo Nite’s strategy to bring people together with the power of music has establish a strong impact at Day 1 of Life is Beautiful.

Emo Nite found a format that has inspired different people, artists and musicians, who’ve at one point have cherished the emo-rock scene, even though it has taken them to different paths in the music-verse.

The paramount success of Emo Nite goes monthly in Los Angeles and has have been happen regularly around country like New York City, San Franciso, San Diego, Atlanta, Philadelphia, and many more.

To know more about Emo Nite visit https://emonite.com/