A Playlist From the iPod of an Emo Middle Schooler in 2015

MY LOVE FOR YOU WAS BULLETPROOF BUT YOU'RE THE ONE WHO SHOT ME!

31
Dating Apps

We Met At A Bar

Salvage what you can; if you can't, it's alright to walk away.

324
We Met At A Bar
Anne Waldon

We met at a bar.

The Mets And Me

They may be the worst sometimes, but this baseball team has given me more than I could ask for.

885
Rich Schultz/Getty Images

On September 3rd, 2001, a sea of children littered my home's navy-carpeted den to watch baseball during my dad's 40th birthday extravaganza. A baseball game flickered on the TV, and a red and blue bubble of a scoreboard sat in the bottom right corner of the screen. The New York Mets and the Philadelphia Phillies were in a wild game at Veterans' Stadium. As I, a five-year-old boy with a jumble of curly blonde hair, sat in the back of the kid clump, I wondered which team I should root for. After a long debate with myself, I decided that I should root for the team that's winning (duh). But, as the ninth inning rolled around with the Phils maintaining a 7-5 lead, some magic occurred. The Mets put up five runs in one frame, stunning the Phillie fans in the room and winning the game 10-7.