Embracing The Thrill Of Non-Satisfaction

Accepting the adrenaline that comes with wanting more.

9
Personal Photo

"...If you work hard enough and assert yourself, and use your mind and imagination, you can shape the world to your desires." The feeling of non-satisfaction can be the best attribute within a human being. This quality can often be associated with negative thinking or feelings of discontent. However, the feeling of never being satisfied can generate a work ethic unlike anything ever imagined.

One of my biggest fears in life is settling. This includes: settling for being average, settling within a relationship, settling for a job that is not truly my passion, etc. However, as time has progressed, I have come to understand that the only way to prevent this sort of fear is to develop a new mindset. With a new mindset comes a new work ethic. Taking the feeling of never being satisfied and transferring that to a physical action can be one of the most powerful tools a person can attain.

Aside from a work ethic, non-satisfaction can help an individual attain a better sense of self. With satisfaction comes limits. By experiencing a relative amount of non-satisfaction, all of those limits can be tested. This feeling also pulls us away from our comfort zone. In my opinion, developing too many comfort zones before the age of 25 can hinder a life before it has truly started. Embracing non-satisfaction and creating positive motives from this feeling can propel us to heights that we once thought to be unattainable.

By enabling ourselves to reach our full potential, we can find a sort of rush in wanting more. Wanting more does not always lead to discontent. In actuality, it can help take everything we have ever worked for and allow us to create a multitude of opportunities based on simply wanting to do more and allow us to become a better version of ourselves.