Embracing The Challenges That Come With New Beginnings

Taking advantage of new beginnings can lead to fresh perspectives and numerous blessings

5
Personal Photo

2020. The beginning of a new year. The beginning of a new decade. With a new mindset, this year can bring blessings that one could not initially imagine. Though starting over at the beginning of the year is often viewed as a cliche, it can also bring about a fresh perspective and sense of motivation that would not be there midway through the year.

Seneca once said, "Every new beginning comes from some other beginning's end." With the start of a new decade, there may have been years of obstacles, trials, and tribulations that tried to hold you back from reaching maximum success. This may include old relationships, family troubles, various educational issues, monetary problems, etc. However, there is a rejuvenating feeling that comes with letting go. Being willing to move forward and embrace the new opportunities before you are often the hardest part about a new beginning. Emotions and feelings of the past have developed a comfort zone, that some people view as everyday life. However, the "everyday life" mentality is a mental construct put in place to allow yourself to be comfortable with your complacency. Thus, creating a lack of drive to try something new to coincide with a low level of self-accountability.

Challenges can often lead to blessings if you allow them to. This means embracing the pain and anguish of past mistakes and creating nothing from something. Rather than complaining about the things/actions that have placed you on the path that you're on, allow yourself to develop a different sort of motivation and drive that comes with a fresh start.