When Life Brings You Change, Embrace It

When Life Brings You Change, Embrace It

Life is too short to dwell on the changes that it brings along.
257

Personally, I’ve always been someone who has been more comfortable with what’s normal. From the way I live to the people I interact with and where I go. All of that is a part of my routine, and I’m not one that welcomes change all that happily.

I thought I was excited about school. I thought I was excited to be away from my family and have the opportunity to start over.

But that wasn’t the case at all.

The second I got to campus was the second I realized that everything was about to change for me, and I flipped. I’m a homebody and extremely close to my family so the idea of being four hours away and in a place that I didn’t know was terrifying.

I had no idea what to do with myself when my parents left.

Long story short, I realized that change wasn’t all that bad. I met so many amazing new people, was taught by some pretty awesome professors and even learned a few life lessons along the way.

Now I know that I'm transferring, and you might be thinking, "she's talking to me about accepting change when she's moving back home to go to a different school?"

Change can come in all different shapes and sizes. The decision for me to officially transfer was honestly one of the hardest decisions for me to make.

I didn't know whether God was calling me to stay at the school I started at or whether the signs were pointing in a completely different direction.

I had also grown accustomed to the way of living at my school. I found a spot in the library that I loved to study in, I woke up early enough to beat the Chick-fil-a breakfast line and I even got good at driving long distances because if you wanted to do anything in the town I lived in you had to be willing to drive a little.

I had gotten so used to it that it became my normal way of living, and the fact that I would leave again would mean another whole time of change.

I’ve come to the realization that this life is all about the choices we make. We choose to have a certain perspective, and we choose to make certain decisions. Life is too short to dwell on the changes that it brings along.

Embrace the differences and choose to look at those changes as an opportunity to better yourself or possibly other people.