Embrace Life's Weird

Embrace Life's Weird

A (very) Short Rambling on Why I Love How Weird Life Is

577
Embrace Life's Weird
Connie Paris

Life is strange. I think we all figured that out by now. It becomes more evident as we keep moving on though. For some people, the oddity of life is overwhelming. For me, it's what makes life so exciting. I like that sometimes I'll start the day eating yogurt and watching reruns of Parks and Recreation, and by the end of it, I'll be in the middle of Marshalls searching for a golden triceratops to give to my cousin for Christmas. I like that my weekends can be anything from random walks in the wood to unexpected visits to art galleries I didn't know existed. It's the random nature of it all, the lack of structure that is ultimately there as much as we try to plan. It's the way life forces spontaneity and surprise when I fight against it that makes it so exciting.

I think we sometimes forget to appreciate it. The crazy parts we didn't expect or didn't see coming are the ones we regale in stories later on. Those are the parts that stick out in our memory and remind us that life's curveballs are what make life so wild and incredible and worth living. Sometimes the curveballs aren't what we wanted, but sometimes, the eccentrics of the unexpected make for a life that's not as boring as you think it is. I guess the point of my ramblings is this, sit back, and embrace the weirdness of life instead of fight against it. It's the weird parts that make it great, not the parts we saw coming.