Let's Embrace The Beauty Of Black Hair

Let's Embrace The Beauty Of Black Hair

564
Let's Embrace The Beauty Of Black Hair
Instragram

You know what I hate? When people try to tell someone how to wear their hair. People assume you are bald if you wear weave, too good to wear a weave if you are natural, and at times unqualified if you have dreadlocks. Well, today I am here to tell you! WEAR YOUR HAIR HOWEVER YOU WANT!

Your hair does not make your identity. Too many times I watch You-tubers big chop (cut all their hair off) and cry about it. Oftentimes when people cut all their hair off it's because their hair is damaged. Ladies that do the big chop don't realize that is big chop is the beginning of a new journey. So why are you crying? Why are you speaking negatively of yourself with a shortcut? Girl, you better grab some curl enhancing smoothie and style your hair! This mentality needs to stop.

Surprisingly, May 13th was my one-year post big chop. This one year allowed me to learn about my hair. Try new products. Do the styles that did not look right before my big chop. And overall embrace the versatility that comes with natural hair, permed hair, TWA hair, and colored hair. So with that being said let us acknowledge the beauty of black hair.