Elizabeth Warren's Expected 2020 Run Is Just What Democrats Wanted
Politics

Elizabeth Warren's Expected 2020 Run Is Just What Democrats And Women Were Wishing For

A change in presidency can be seen as long as young voters head to the polls.

295

Although 2019 has just begun, Elizabeth Warren reminds us that the 2020 elections are closer than we think. Warren announced that she is forming an exploratory committee which will determine if she should run for the presidency or not. Warren is the first prominent Democrat to formally announce her candidacy.

I personally believe that she has a good chance against Trump in the 2020 elections. The 2020 elections will most likely reflect the midterm elections, which yielded democrats, women, and liberals. People who were not able to vote in 2016 due to age will be able to vote in 2020 which could change the tides. Teens in the new voter demographics are mostly unhappy with how Trump is running the country. Most teens fall on the left of the political spectrum which is Warren's demographic. A change in presidency can be seen as long as young voters head to the polls. An increase in young voters was seen in the midterm elections and hopefully will be the case in the 2020 elections.

An issue that might arise is that another powerful democrat will also run. This will divide the votes and give the majority to the Republicans. Other names that seem to be popular for the presidential race are Senator Cory Booker from New Jersey, Senator Bernie Sanders of Vermont, and even former vice president Joe Biden. I highly doubt that the Democrats would spread their votes out because the party desperately wants Trump out of office. Unless Warren has ideals that contradict the democratic platform, I feel that they will put their full support behind Warren.

Trump and Warren have been seen disputing in the past. Trump has called her "Pocahontas" for her claim of being Native American and has called her goofy. Trump seems to have no worries of running against her saying that he would "love to run against her." The 2020 election will definitely be interesting and nothing like any other election prior.