Best Elf Quotes

17 One-Liners From 'Elf' College Kids Can Use In Everyday Conversation Over Break

17. The best way to spend Christmas cheer is singing loud for all to hear."

1676
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a54yC1etmVc

"Elf" is a classic Christmas comedy that holds a special place in my heart. Its wholesome humor means that I know I'll be watching it every Christmas. The current college generation grew up with "Elf" and can relate to Buddy in more ways than one. Here are 20 ways that college kids will quote "Elf" in everyday conversation.

1. "We elves try to stick to the four main food groups: candy, candy canes, candy corns, and syrup."

media3.giphy.com

Being home on break is not the time for eating healthy.

2. "I am a cotton- headed ninny- muggins."

y.yarn.co

When you get your final grades back in January.

3. "You have such a pretty face. You should be on a Christmas card."

www.jerriblank.com

When you need money from your mom

4. "I just like to smile; smiling's my favorite." 

img.maximummedia.ie

When you have to work a double shift in retail or as a waitress.

5. "I'm sorry I ruined your lives and crammed 11 cookies into the VCR."

lprossi.files.wordpress.com

When you apologize to your parents about everything you did during you childhood.

6. "I planned out our whole day: First, we'll make snow angels for two hours, and then we'll go ice skating, and then we'll eat a whole roll of Toll- House cookie dough as fast as we can, and then to finish, we'll snuggle." 

media0.giphy.com

When you see your childhood best friend for the first time since August and you have to make every second count.

7. "So, good news- I saw a dog today!" 

media2.giphy.com

Seeing a dog is one of the greatest things that can happen to a college student.

8. "I'll call you in five minutes."

media2.giphy.com

When you say bye to your college friends on the last day of the semester

9. "Son of a nutcracker!"

img.buzzfeed.com

After any mild inconvenience occurs

10. "I like to whisper, too."

i.pinimg.com

When your family inevitably talks about you while you're in another room.

11. "You sit on a throne of lies."

media2.giphy.com

When your sibling says they didn't know that the leftovers in the fridge were yours.

12. "I got a full 40 minutes [of sleep]"

media3.giphy.com

When it's Christmas Eve and you're so excited to wake up.

13. "I passed through the seven levels of the Candy Cane forest, through the sea of swirly twirly gum drops, and then I walked through the Lincoln Tunnel." 

media3.giphy.com

When you explain to your family what college is like.

14. "I'm in a store and I'm singing!"

media2.giphy.com

When you're shopping with your besties and they play "All I Want For Christmas Is You"

15. "Does somebody need a hug?"

media0.giphy.com

When you get the January blues

16. "Santa! I know him! I know him!" 

media1.giphy.com

Christmas is all about being a little kid again, isn't it?

17. "The best way to spread Christmas cheer is singing loud for all to hear."

media1.giphy.com

We all could use a little more Christmas spirit.

Everyone's homework over Christmas break is to watch "Elf."