Election Season Is (Unfortunately) Upon Us

So what if I am not register to vote?

59
Photo by annie bolin on Unsplash

I am registered to vote and I do care about my country, but I am tired of hearing about it.

In the state of Pennsylvania, the last day to register to vote was October 9th. How many times did I get asked if I am registered to vote or who I thought was the best candidate? Too many times. Let's just say if I had a dime for every time I was asked a questions about the election I would have enough money to run myself.

Do not get me wrong. I love my country. I love being an American. I do not like when I am trying to walk to class and every turn I take I am being asked by some solicitor if I am registered. Anyway, WHAT DOES IT MATTER IF I WAS NOT. Where I stand in politics is my own personal opinion, my own opinion. Let me repeat that again: MY OWN OPINION. How is it going to affect somebody else if I were not registered?

I get it, everybody has a free-will to register when they turn the age of 18, but do you really want 18-year olds deciding the next President? I mean, the younger generations of today are being bashed on by older generations for clothes, music, personalities, any opinion that WE have is being pushed against. Yet, we are still being pushed to register to vote? If you do not know how much longer you have to register, check out this website from NY Times, tells you the deadline for every state.

I would also like to throw this out there... There is so much happening in the news lately that any young adult is probably going to believe, unless you do your research. We are surrounded by ever-changing technology and we see everything in Tweets, Instagram posts, Snapchat stories, and Facebook rants. Yet again, we are still being pushed to register to vote?

I am going to leave this article right here, take a look at what Taylor Swift had to say about voting on one of her most recent Instagram posts:

Remember, elections are on November 6th. Also remember, use your resources wisely!