The 2016 Election Aftermath

The 2016 Election Aftermath

FDT.

10
The 2016 Election Aftermath
future.wikia.com
So much crazy stuff happened November 8th.
I cannot fathom it myself let alone explain to you what happened.
What the hell did we just do, America?

We elected an actor as a president - literally someone who made a reality show. Trump was famous for creating a reality tv show and I am still so confused. On top of that, it makes it seem like any human being can really go out and become president. Trump was not even qualified like any other candidate was. You elected a man who is a racist, homophobic, and an overall shitty (excuse my language) person. That is who has been elected as president, what a world we live in America. We have legalized weed, elected Trump and said no to having no condoms necessary for porn stars. We are a very confused country right now, honestly.

There are so many things that we fail to realize about what the next four years will mean. This may not mean anything to many white people because obviously, he is all for you and I can't hate on that. BUT while he is all for you, he is against everyone else. Trump openly admitted he wanted to perform a hate crime by "building a wall" and "getting the Muslims out of America and having them tagged." That is a hate crime. The fact that people are all for this has me puzzled. I am beyond puzzled. The fact that people can see a person of color, an LGBTQ+ person and say "I want them dead" is beyond puzzling to me.

Trump has based his entire speech on hate and that made people go crazy because "wow, he thinks like I do; but, I could never openly admit that." Honestly, I have found people I have known my entire life to be openly supporting this. Opening supporting black people getting shot down by the police. Opening supporting hate crimes like this. Opening supporting hate. Opening supporting racism. You have got me all sorts of messed up if you think I am going to be fine with you opening supporting racism and I am BLACK. You will no longer be my friend. I don't support bigotry like the rest of America, so I am terribly sorry.

I have lived the past year afraid because of police brutality, and then you spring this on us too. Now we have to live in fear of being who we are because a president supports what we are not as if we could change that? One thing Trump did was proving that racism still exists. Racism is still alive and well people and it ain't going nowhere. I am sorry to tell you, we (black people) tried to tell you that it wasn't finished, but you did not listen and now you see. Racism is alive and well and it is going to take more than just protests to fix this. We have racists walking amongst us throughout life and able to be open about it like this is 400 years ago. People are now allowed to be racist because it is seen as something that is normal. That is what is scary to me. Knowing that as I am going to school or work that someone can say racist shit (excuse my language) to me and that's perfectly fine. it boggles my mind that people think this way and, now it's okay to think this way.

I am so beyond done with America, I am trying to stand together on this - I am trying to make sure my Muslim and LGBTQ+ friends are safe and they are not being tormented. But, it is hard. It is hard when you cannot save someone from something because you are black yourself. People also will hate me and I cannot do much to help when I am going to open to the same hate that they get in a different way. It sucks I cannot help and it makes me want to be another person so I could help. It is going to be a hard and interesting four years starting January 20th. Prepare for the worst, don't expect any more than that because if you do, you might be disappointed. Good luck out there, and please be safe from bigotry. We are together on this, he is not my president and he never will be. I stand with my fellow other POC, Muslims, and LGBTQ+ community.

We are in this together.