8 Barely-Awake Thoughts College Students Who Take 8 AMs Have

A little over halfway though the semester and I know they still go through my mind.
121

If possible I will avoid these early courses, but occasionally you just can't.

Sometimes they are only offered at this time, and at others they are the only option if you need the course for your major. Whether you choose to do it or not, these thoughts are bound to have at least once.

1. It won't be that bad...

Oh but wait. The the jokes on you. You'll find out soon enough that waking up for these things is harder than trying to find the right key to your house at night, when all you want to do is get out of the cold. I had to take my first 8:30 this semester and found that there was in fact something worse than a 9:25.

2. Why did I do this to myself?

Classes go throughout the whole day, why does this course insist on being only offered at 8 or during the only time I can get into another course I'm required to take?

3. What are the odds that the professor cancels class tomorrow?

Checking your email at 7:45 in the morning, hoping to see that eight letter word as the subject in the latest message is something I do on occasion. Finding one is rare, but it was nice to experience at least once.

4. Why do you have to have an attendance policy?

Without it you probably wouldn't have half the class, but the way I look at it, it`s not your loss since they are paying to be there (and choosing not to be).

5. Who thought be a good idea to have classes at this hour?

Especially when you were up until two in the morning working on a project for that class (or the one right after).

6. At least I have the rest of my day to nap/be productive since I started so early and finished by 10am.

Class ends around 10 AM and if you are lucky enough to only have one class that day you get to choose what you want to do with yourself (or not do) for the rest of the day.

7. I can get there in 30 minutes right?

Leaving on time is not my forte and this year it's even more of a struggle since I can't just get up 15 minutes before class starts. I have to account for time to get to the parking lot, get on the bus, and then walk the last ten minutes to my early class. This is where the snooze button is not your friend.

8. Only XX more days and I don't have to worry about these anymore.

The best part about thinking about this is when you get down to the final few weeks and these minions resemble what is happening in your mind. Before you realize you may do it again next semester...

Just don't think about that part for now! Relish the fact that your classes are now over and you get a few weeks to catch up on all that lost sleep. Remember if they feel hard now, you may have a job that starts as early as this so you may as well get used to it, right?