10 Signs Your Mom is Your Best Friend

10 Signs Your Mom is Your Best Friend

11
10 Signs Your Mom is Your Best Friend
Kent Thompson

As a college student living away from home, there are certain things that only a best friend can make considerably better. Often, you find yourself wondering who this best friend to turn to in times of hardship is. Is she the girl you graduated with, that new friend a floor above you, someone you've known since middle school? This list is for the girls like me who don't have to think twice about choosing their mother. Here are 10 signs that you don't either.

1. She is the first one you call.

It doesn't matter what happens, she will always be the first to know. Get a new job? You call mom. Have an anxiety attack? You call mom. Go on an awesome first date? You call mom. Have another anxiety attack? You call mom. She is your go-to.

2. You talk about everything.

You discuss your siblings, tattoos you want, drugs, politics, and bodily functions, to name a few. No subject is off limits.

3. You swipe her things and she lets you.

Clothes, jewelry, makeup brushes, food- you name it.

4. You binge watch Netflix together.

You always have someone to yell about your favorite shows with.

5. She doesn't judge you, she supports everything you do.

She's your ethical, cool-headed partner in crime and biggest fan.

6. She worked extra hours to afford to visit colleges with you.

Her free time was spent racking up extra pay to travel around the country in a cramped car assessing schools.

7. She sends you the best care packages.

These suckers are filled with candy, holiday decorations, craft supplies and even the occasional gift card.

8. You share the same sense of humor.

When you make an inappropriate joke, you know she'll either laugh with you or scold you and hide a smile.

9. You scout out the best shops together.

You can always count on her to tell the truth about whether that dress is your style.

10. You talk every day.

No matter how far apart you are, you are only a phone call away from her.