Eight Underrated TV Shows That You MUST Watch

In case you're sick of watching Riverdale for the fourth time...

64

1. T@gged.

• If you like Pretty Little Liars, T@gged is the next show that should be on your list. Three girls are being tormented by an unforeseen stalker and they must figure out who it is before time is up. This show gripped me from the start, and I can't wait for season three to come out.
  • Available on Hulu.

2. Nashville.

• Set in music city, this show stars big names such as Connie Britton and Hayden Panettiere. Britton plays the queen of country music, while Panettiere plays an up and coming pop/country singer. Currently, in its last season, Nashville features wonderful talent and some of the most beautiful songs I've ever heard.
  • Available on Hulu.

3. Crazy Ex-Girlfriend.

• Another show that features great music, Crazy Ex-Girlfriend is hilarious from the first episode. Viewers are easily able to relate to the characters, and the cast is pleasantly and appropriately diverse.
  • Available on Netflix.

4. The Bold Type.

• Like many shows before it, The Bold Type features a group of young women trying to navigate their careers and love lives in New York City. Unlike any other show, The Bold Type has a strong feminist message; that it is much better to build your fellow women up than to tear them down.
  • Available on Hulu.

5. Rick and Morty.

• While Rick and Morty does have a strong following, I decided to include it on this list because I know far too many people who don't watch it. This cartoon is smart, funny, and interesting. It's impossible not to formulate your own theories about the characters and the plot. There are three seasons so far, and luckily, Rick and Morty was recently renewed for seventy more episodes.
  • Available on Hulu.

6. Siesta Key.

• Siesta Key is a reality show that is often compared to Laguna Beach: The Real Orange County, and The Hills. Put a group of good looking, rich, young 20 somethings in a beautiful location, and drama is bound to follow. In fact, this show is so much like The Hills that Spencer Pratt writes a review of every episode for Cosmopolitan, and he and Heidi are known to be fans of the show. I definitely recommend Siesta Key to anyone who is nostalgic for the days when Lauren Conrad graced our screens.
  • Available on MTV.com.

7. Everything Sucks!

• Set in 1996 in the town of Boring, Oregon, Everything Sucks! focuses on a group of teenagers as they navigate high school, mental health, their sexualities, and the issues that come with making their own movie.
  • Available on Netflix.

8. American Vandal.

• Filmed as a mockumentary crime series, American Vandal follows Dylan Maxwell, a teenage delinquent who has been expelled for vandalizing faculties' cars at his high school. Viewers watch as Peter and Sam, two amateur filmmakers, do their best to discover whether Dylan is innocent or not. This show is gripping and hilarious, and you'll finish the first season in one sitting.
  • Available on Netflix.