EIC Debrief Email

EIC Debrief Email

Here's how to send a Sunday debrief email to your Odyssey CS.

322
EIC Debrief Email

The goal of a debrief email is for you as EIC to understand your own team and be able to verbalize those things to your CS. The best debrief emails help you not only take stock of your team on Sunday but as a touchbase throughout the following week.

• In the first line: tell your CS how things went this weekend and how many articles are in
  • Body of email: give your CS a list of all the creators that have not submitted and next to their name, state why and when they will get it in! If they are MIA, note that!
  • In the last line: sum up how you are feeling about hitting the goal if you haven't already, and any other admin things you need to update me on (creators dropping, new people coming, tech problems, etc). Be positive here!
  • Conclusion: list the titles/article links to what you believe are your 3-4 best articles this week. When we say best, the pieces you believe have the most potential to gain traction. Remember, a piece can be written perfectly but without a great topic, headline or cover photo, it's gonna flop

Here's a great example:

Good morning!!

This week motivation was obviously low since it was spring break and everyone was away/busy/etc. A lot of people did make an effort to submit by Sunday night though so I really appreciated that! And I know that we'll be right back in the swing of things real soon! We have some awesome, relatable articles coming out this week so I still think we're gonna kill it nonetheless :)

Current count: 33 with possibly a few more coming in the afternoon

People who haven't submitted:

Emma - no answer

Brittany - said she would submit last night, hasn't yet

Emily - no answer

Katie - will be up by 5pm!

Ashley - texted Victoria that she has to leave the team for a bit

Anna - waiting for a reply

Updates:

-Lots of newbies coming in recently aka our CE's have been killing it w/ on boarding!

-Going to reach out to people individually to go over individual goals, match them up with article ideas that suit them, etc

-Looking into having team meeting soon

BEST ARTICLES THIS WEEK:

45 Questions We Ask Ourselves Before, During And After A Daylong

by Brianna Z

Reason: everyone loves daylongs, super relatable, viral potential

30 Reasons Why We Need To Go Back To PV Right Now

by Christina S

Reason: PV (Puerto Vallarta in Mexico) is most popular spring break place, very relatable and reminiscent piece, viral potential

Post-Spring Break Feels As Told By "Shameless"

by Kate D

Reason: popular show, very relatable

Why High School Friends Are For Life As Told By Grey's Anatomy

by Caroline K

Reason: relatable, caters to high school and college audience

XO,

Becca