Don’t Just Blame Trump, Blame his Puppets.

How Trump’s Cabinet is Destroying Every Aspect of America. 

117
https://odysseyimages.s3.amazonaws.com/cropped_SyznFKXSz.jpeg

It is no surprise that Donald Trump loves the spotlight. To him no news is bad news. Any attention he gets he will bask in until the next scandal arises, but what if all the hit stories and “fake news” he’s always talking about was a distraction to the true destruction. Very little attention has been given to Trump’s appointed secretaries since they took over and what they have been doing in the name of “making America great again” has been tearing America apart. So incase you forgot about The President’s agenda while he has been showing his ass for all of us to see, here is what his puppets have been doing. 

Education Secretary Betsy DeVos caused lots of waves before she was even sworn in. She has no experience or education in, well, education. At the beginning of her reign she was asked about government loans and public schools where it became apparent she was out of touch with education in america. While praising private and charter schools and universities she has left public school funding and facilities in the dust. 

She has mocked sexual assault on college campuses, rolling back on Obama era protects for victims. She left minorities, including racial, LGBTQ and disabled students, in the dark by cutting down on civil right investigations while taking away some basic protections but in place by the Obama administration. 

In her first year she has not done too much damage, she is so disliked by teachers, administrators and both democrats and republican alike, most of her veil plans have failed, but that does not mean 2018 will be any better for education in America, that the damage she has done will not be fixed, that she will not make it harder for student to get a higher education or get government help. 

Commerce secretary Wilbur Ross has supposedly “humiliated” President Trump by botching trade deals. Daily News reported that he was very literally sleeping on the job. Sources claim that he botched deals with China, as well as made deals in metal markets that could possibly challenge national security. While he has made no large blunders in his first year it is hard to do too much damage when you are hitting snooze. 

Scott Pruitt, who runs the Environmental Protection Agency, has, in the words of The Huffington Post, “set the EPA back three decades”, and they are not wrong. After immediately rolling back regulations and destroying the budget our air is doomed to be filled with toxins and poisons and our water to be yellow and undrinkable. With less scientists, a skeleton staff and budget and with speculation Pruitt will scrap the Clean Power Plan which is crucial in reducing carbon pollution thus slowing global warming, he is paving a destructive path that will leave lasting effect for our great-great-grandchildren to deal with. 

Our National Park Service and the Department of the Interior is falling apart. This department is at war with itself, with head of department  Secretary Ryan Zinke being one of the most chaotic, self absorbed nuts un D.C. Let’s start with his first day, when he rode in Washington on a horse with his own flag flying, no one showed up to transitional meetings and the topic of saving the parks and climate change has been banned. Majority of the staff have reported harassment of sexual misconduct, last week there was a mass resignation because no one hired by Trump will do their jobs. Not to mention the budget has been slashed causing mass layoff of full time park employees, halted most land restoration and will ultimately stop training and upkeep of the parks.

Zinke eliminated climate science from the department, overturned the ban on coal mining on public land and has made bids for companies to drill on public lands. He has destroyed laws protecting Native Americans and their sacred lands. As a “resolution” Zinke suggested the admission to public parks be doubled while wanting to close campgrounds and facilities in order to save money. 

Keep in mind that is all just for National Parks, of which there is no executive level chairman. Majority of the department inside the interior have no chairman's which means no voice and without a voice we have no progress. 

These are just four of the departments controlled by Trump, that is only about 17 percent of the required senate confirmed secretaries. Think of what the other 19 are doing. 

Trump with all of his ignorance and vanity has been distracting us from the reality of the situation. That his secretaries have been causing real harm in every aspect of our lives and without real change we are heading down a dangerous path, one paved with hateful and selfish intentions. 

The power is not all in the President, there are many more powerful forces in Washington that need to be put in line. So next time Trump goes on a rampage about his “fake news”, go see what they are reporting about his puppets. You might be surprised.