Ed Sheeran Is The Man

Ed Sheeran Is The Man

He can make you laugh, cry, smile, and even heartbroken, but that's why he's so good.

34
Ed Sheeran Is The Man
Twitter

In the year 2011, Ed Sheeran put his name on the map by releasing three records, all in one year. Since then, he has roughly four to five albums including live ones. With taking a year or two off here and there, fans are always waiting for that excitement you get when the new Ed Sheeran album is released.

As I discovered Ed Sheeran back in 2013 or so, I became enamored with the talent this man has in him. With the ability to possess such a wide variety of talent in one big subject called music; Ed is able to dial the mood down a bit and put a simple love song out to the public or can make everyone dance in a club with a knockout party tune. But the best part about Ed, that just about every fan of his believes is his best ability and I agree with this as well. Ed can make a darn good song when it comes to the dark side. Whether that is sadness from a broken heart or a death from someone close to you; Ed can instantly make anyone cry. Not every artist has the ability to give people goosebumps and to allow them to think outside of the box. Sheeran gives people hope, faith, and even trust that things will get better in the end and it's okay to feel down at times. In fact, it's good for us to feel gloomy once in a while.

I still remember the day I was told to listen to Ed Sheeran on Spotify. I had heard one song by him at the time titled, "The A-Team" and I enjoyed it, but hadn't really listened to much of him otherwise. He had just recently released "X" and everyone was talking about it. As I started to listen to Ed, I instantly became hooked. "Don't" was the first song that came on and it put me in an even happier mood that I was in thanks, to the upbeat tempo and catchy melodies that it provided. After that, a slew of memories were created just by listening to a record all by myself. With songs such as, "Even My Dad Does Sometimes", "Sing", "Afire Love", and "Tenerife Sea"; Ed was able to fluctuate my mood from pleasant to dreary to in just a matter of minutes. At that moment, I realized that Ed Sheeran was meant to create music.

Since that day, I have become a huge fan of Ed's and will continue to be for years to come. With taking some time off after his tour and being able to create, what I believe is his best music yet, Ed was able to produce "Divide" which was recently released. Again, Ed gave us a wide variety of styles to choose from in his new record. From a Spanish dance tune to a tune about his days growing up with his friends and what they're doing now in life. Sheeran connects poetry with music and creates sounds that should be considered beautiful. Ed decided to give songs like "Nancy Mulligan" and "Galway Girl" a folk edge to them which helped round out the album as a whole.

The tunes that really sold the album for me though were "Hearts Don't Break Around Here" and "Dive". During both songs, I started to shake and shiver by the lyrics being sung so gracefully by Sheeran. As well as the mixture of the band behind Sheeran which includes a string section in many of the tunes. That's another factor of Sheeran, that I absolutely love. Ed is not afraid to put a string section into a song if it gives the song a better feel and edge then, why not? Until, Ed releases more tunes in the next few years, I will continue to call this album his best and one of my favorites all time.

Not every artist or band can provide their fans with a certain feeling in every song nor do they have the ability to change their style from song to song. When it comes to artists like Ed Sheeran, that is when you know they have been given a gift. Whether he is telling you something meaningful or simply just telling you a story for his pleasure, Ed will make you smile, laugh, cry, and even heart broken, but that's okay because in the end you'll know that his music is what's keeping you afloat in this crazy game called life. Ed, keep making your fans proud because we know you will. Just know that when you need help we'll be there because when we need help, you and your music is always there for us.